• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Copy CD

Chala

I have been trying to copy this CD which i think is copy protected for about 11 hours now. I have the following software; CloneCD Trial willing to buy it if it works. Nero9 , EAC. ImgBurn, AnyDVD, CloneDVD.

I gave in and tried Clone CD was told that would definitely do the trick (trail version prepared to buy if works) cause i think this CD is copy protected. I have made 4 or 5 Verbatim -R coasters. I tried copying disc to disc on the fly, that did not work. Something got burned to my media but nothing can read it, not my computer or stand alone or anything else. I tried using Clone CD to create image to disk, it created four files a SUB file at 24 .4MB two IMAGE files one is 722MB to big for any CD, the other is 632 KB and a CCD 3.17KB. I tried ImgBurn and Nero and Clone CD with the cuesheet file CCD all coasters i give up!

ImgBurn Filters

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: imapi

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
File Description: CD DVD Filter
Product Name: CD DVD Filter
Product Version: 2.02.00.01 [2.2.0.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2009

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 3.00.56a [3.0.56.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: ElbyCDFL
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
File Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
File Description: ElbyCDIO Filter Driver
Product Name: CloneCD
Product Version: 5, 2, 1, 3 [5.2.1.3]
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.6.0.9
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.6.0.9
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2009 SlySoft, Inc.

Filter Name: imapi
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2108)
File Description: IMAPI Kernel Driver
Product Name: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Product Version: 5.1.2600.5512
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Well first off knowing what the cd your trying to copy would help so we can give more detail advice of what to do. And also your listed CloneCD and Anydvd version are too old and should've or use more up to date software. Also I never had imgburn loaded or running as this might cause problem with Anydvd. What is running that sonic software? That sounds like something sony or roxio would use. I would get rid of sonic as that if made by sony or roxio is a very problematic software in itself as well as any InCD by nero should be removed as those formats are incompatible with the majority of computers unless they have nero installed which in the case they don't. What is loading gear software? I would get rid of that gear writing software as that as well might be the cause as well trying to grab a hold of the burning process causing burn failures. As noted without much detail to look over makes it hard to diagnosis to really know what happening.

Well first off knowing what the cd your trying to copy would help so we can give more detail advice of what to do. And also your listed CloneCD and Anydvd version are too old and should've or use more up to date software. Also I never had imgburn loaded or running as this might cause problem with Anydvd. What is running that sonic software? That sounds like something sony or roxio would use. I would get rid of sonic as that if made by sony or roxio is a very problematic software in itself as well as any InCD by nero should be removed as those formats are incompatible with the majority of computers unless they have nero installed which in the case they don't. What is loading gear software? I would get rid of that gear writing software as that as well might be the cause as well trying to grab a hold of the burning process causing burn failures. As noted without much detail to look over makes it hard to diagnosis to really know what happening.

Well I was trying to burn a retail CD that has copy protection. When I couldn't I tried to rip to hard disk using EAC. I don't know what I was doing wrong with AnyCD but it is working now, however I ran it with AnyDVD in the background so I don't know which one removed copy protection.

BTW Recycle, both my programs were up to date AnyDVD 6.6.0.9 and AnyCD 5.3.1.4. That sonic software I believe is from and old install of Roxio it's from 2007, some driver, I will remove it. The Gear software I have no idea what that is, it's more recent though from the summer so I will examine before removing. InCD I have but never installed it I do have Nero 9 reloaded.

Bottom line, the CD I was trying to burn was part of a retail 8 CD Box Set. It appears to be damaged with errors, cause I am able to burn, and rip the other discs in the Box Set, but not that one. Now I have to examine further and find a good program to check, examine, and possible restore CD's if you know of one please let me know. Thanks for your time!

If one of those is damaged take it back with receipt and request a better working version. And then try backing up again and see if the problem doesn't pop back up. Also your willing to try they do have beta version of Anydvd to download as well I been using them and haven't had any problems.

Back