Cant copy anymore.

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by kipster, Mar 22, 2008.

1. kipster

kipster New Member

Just recently i have been unable to copy Dvd's and CD's.
    I updated AnyDVD yesterday and i got a message saying that no DVD drive could be found. In device manager it says that the drive is working correctly, i can play CD/DVD with no problem, but can no longer burn either format. Burning CD is no longer possible on media player either, i guess that my DVD drive may be shot. Does anyone know how to test a DVD drive before i waste money on a replacement?
    Thanks!

2. kd5yov

kd5yov Active Member

My computer did this about a month ago, are you running a beta version of Windows VISTA SP1?

3. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Uninstall your optical drive(s) in Device Manager...... Reboot.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You need to reboot after installing.

If that doesn't help, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (especially 3 and 4 . . . note that step 4 requires you to post information).

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

6. kipster

kipster New Member

Thanks for the help people.
    I'm pleased to say that it is sorted, i have uninstalled Zonealarm and now all is fine :D.

7. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I have Zonealarm pro and Anydvd on one of my systems without any problems. Zonealarm does popup some warning messages, but all you need to do is tell Zonealarm that Anydvd is a safe program and to let Anydvd do whatever it wants. Anyway, I'm glad your issue is resolved.