• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't backup funeral DVD that funeral home created

You may have Anydvd and cloneDVD, what you don't have is your own thread and an anydvd logfile. Without it they cant help you

You may have Anydvd and cloneDVD, what you don't have is your own thread and an anydvd logfile. Without it they cant help you

Nonsense.
This type of thread is the exception to the rule.
At this point we know the source of all those funeral "tribute" DVD's - and we all know there's a real issue with them.

Xetestem - A logfile still couldn't hurt - please read the stickies and add a logfile.

Last I know... I think James is trying to make a disk to investigate.
Past that.... someone will need to mail him one to borrow.

-W

Last edited:
log file at top of thread

Those stating that a log file needs to be provided so that Slysoft can help; note that on the very first entry of this thread I posted a log file, and also sent it as part of a support request. Slysoft's response is that they don't support non-commercial DVDs. One could argue that that this is a commercial DVD given it was bought from a commercial enterprise who uses encryption, but I think the issue here is accessibility. With Movie industry DVDs they have access to the commercial DVD, where-as with funeral home DVDs they do not -- so perhaps the log file just isn't enough for them to solve the problem.

If this is true, they would need someone to send them the DVD.

Furthermore, if James actually had some physical discs to look at things might be easier. I don't think obtaining a disc would be as easy as just calling up the company and asking. On the other hand if someone were to send a disc to Slysoft to test with then the issue might be resolved sooner rather than later.

Maybe you could break this stupid stalemate and mail your disc to James.

Yes... I'm quite sure he'd be a good chap and mail it back you know.

He's legendary in these parts for his honest dealings with the customers.

-W

Last edited:
I wonder if AnyDVD with CloneCD would work as that method usually works for problem DVDs that AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 would not work for me. This includes my Wedding Video which is not a commercial DVD

Just a little heads up for you (and those following this thread).
I have received your files, thanks a lot! The good news - I was easily able to run AnyDVD in a simulated environment and it created a fine remastered copy which can be burned to a DVD-R (it would probably fit to a CD-R, too).

The bad news - I have no idea why it didn't work with the real disc. It looks like the repaired VTS_82_0.IFO file isn't replaced on the disc, which will cause the IfoProperties 6 error... you know the rest. In other words, AnyDVD *knew* what to do, *wanted* to do it, but didn't. This might be caused by some bug... I don't know. I'll try to create a physical disc (with the bad VTS_82_0.IFO) and hope I can reproduce the problem. Unfortunately I'm entering holiday mode, so it'll take a little while.

BUMP> I've got the same issue with a funeral service disc. Has it been resolved yet? Same error, same company, everything. Using latest AnyDVD and CloneDVD versions. I'm hoping for a fix for this in the very near future. Family is here now with the funeral disc, leaving in another day.

Update: Couldn't wait on an answer but wanted to report back for those who also may be wanting help with these types of discs. With AnyDVD running I just dragged the last vob file onto my desktop. It played fine, and included the entire slideshow. I used VideoLan to convert the vob to an mpg file, then imported it into a DVD authoring program (PowerProducer Express, in this case). I had to make my own menu but a successful backup of the funeral presentation disc was made.

Last edited:
Back