• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't backup funeral DVD that funeral home created

If this protection is applied by a standard consumer DVD burner, I have to wonder how it works. Does it actually make the burner damage specific sectors on the disc when it burns it? (I didn't think that was possible.)

Slysoft may need to physically have one of these discs in order to properly fix this protection.

While not trying to step in anyone's way here... but with all these read errors, and I'm sure it does have something to do with the copy protection,.. have you scanned the disk for physical errors using Nero's Disc Speed?

oh, please... Using Nero's Disc Speed does accomplish ... nothing. The disc has read errors, yes, we know that.
These read errors are part of the copy protection. (Hence the name "copy protection based on unreadable sectors"). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If this protection is applied by a standard consumer DVD burner, I have to wonder how it works. Does it actually make the burner damage specific sectors on the disc when it burns it? (I didn't think that was possible.)
The method is quite old and was called "weak sectors" in the CD days. FluxDVD for recordable discs (CinemaNow) is using it for years.

Slysoft may need to physically have one of these discs in order to properly fix this protection.
I am afraid so (not because of the weak sectors).

So how does SlySoft acquire a sample DVD with this copy protection?

The method is quite old and was called "weak sectors" in the CD days. FluxDVD for recordable discs (CinemaNow) is using it for years.

I am afraid so (not because of the weak sectors).

So how does SlySoft acquire a sample DVD with this copy protection?
This is a good question, and I have no answer. Can you copy the following files with explorer (AnyDVD running) to your harddisk without error?:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_82_0.IFO
VTS_82_1.VOB

Copied those three files without any errors.

This is a good question, and I have no answer. Can you copy the following files with explorer (AnyDVD running) to your harddisk without error?:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_82_0.IFO
VTS_82_1.VOB

Copied those three files without any errors.

Fine! Can you copy VIDEO_TS.VOB and VTS_82_0.VOB, too?

If yes, you should be able to play these files with DVD player software on the PC (opening the VIDEO_TS.IFO file). Does this work?

EDIT:
Would it be possible for you to upload these files (zipped) to our ftp server? I estimate around 500 MB file size. I may be able to defeat this "funeral protection" once and for all. However, I understand that you might feel uncomfortable to send such private content to us.

Last edited:
I was able to copy the VIDEO_TS.VOB & VTS_82_0.VOB files also.
And yes, I can play them with DVD software!!!!

I can zip them up and upload them. Let me know where the ftp server is.

Thank you very much!!!

Fine! Can you copy VIDEO_TS.VOB and VTS_82_0.VOB, too?

If yes, you should be able to play these files with DVD player software on the PC (opening the VIDEO_TS.IFO file). Does this work?

EDIT:
Would it be possible for you to upload these files (zipped) to our ftp server? I estimate around 500 MB file size. I may be able to defeat this "funeral protection" once and for all. However, I understand that you might feel uncomfortable to send such private content to us.

Thank you very much!!!
I have to thank you. I've sent you a PM.

oh, please... Using Nero's Disc Speed does accomplish ... nothing. The disc has read errors, yes, we know that.
These read errors are part of the copy protection. (Hence the name "copy protection based on unreadable sectors"). :rolleyes:

No worries! I've been following this thread with great interest... and was just curious if anything else was causing any problems.

I'm very impressed of the support AnyDVD and James is giving!
It's really outstanding... feels like Christmas... :D

regards

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme...

Thank you very much!!!

Just a little heads up for you (and those following this thread).
I have received your files, thanks a lot! The good news - I was easily able to run AnyDVD in a simulated environment and it created a fine remastered copy which can be burned to a DVD-R (it would probably fit to a CD-R, too).

The bad news - I have no idea why it didn't work with the real disc. It looks like the repaired VTS_82_0.IFO file isn't replaced on the disc, which will cause the IfoProperties 6 error... you know the rest. In other words, AnyDVD *knew* what to do, *wanted* to do it, but didn't. This might be caused by some bug... I don't know. I'll try to create a physical disc (with the bad VTS_82_0.IFO) and hope I can reproduce the problem. Unfortunately I'm entering holiday mode, so it'll take a little while.

The level and responsiveness of support the AnyDVD developers (and the other people who do support here in the forums) show that my decision to have purchased lifetime licenses for the software was one of the best things I did. The software and support is just fantastic.

You listening MicroSoft? ;)

The level and responsiveness of support the AnyDVD developers (and the other people who do support here in the forums) show that my decision to have purchased lifetime licenses for the software was one of the best things I did. The software and support is just fantastic.

You listening MicroSoft? ;)

Good luck on Microsoft actually listening to the consumer.

Glad you're one of us: people that bought the software legally, and are enjoying the benefits.

:)

Great, informative thread!

I would also like to thank James for his dedication and support. I have been using both AnyDVD and CloneDVD for almost seven years now and have never, ever been disappointed with either program and especially with the continuing development and support for them. Truly amazing in this day and age!

Thanks again!

Jim

Not to hijack your thread, but I think I am having the exact same issue you are having. I got the same error and it is a tribute dvd from a funeral home. I was just checking on if you made any more progress on this.

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 as well.

Thank you for your time guys!

Back