Cannot setup stream errors with Netflix (1.1.4.0) [SSL Handshake failed]

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by psychonscious, Jun 5, 2021.

1. psychonscious

psychonscious Member

Hi everyone, I'm starting to experience occasional errors with Netflix where a few popups mentioning a stream initialization error occurs then the screen stays greyed out with nothing happening. I've tried restarting the app, which doesn't seem to help, and restarting laptop which will at least let me perform a few downloads before the problem occurs again. AP and D+ seem fine aside from some UI flickering on the AP GUI (which isn't impact usability). Anyway, attaching log file and I'll download latest release in a second to see if it helps.

2. psychonscious

psychonscious Member

Looks like the file didn't attach on first go around. Second times the charm

Attached Files:

3. DeepSpace

DeepSpace Well-Known Member

psychonscious likes this.
  4. psychonscious

psychonscious Member

Just updated to 1.1.5.0 and the issue is still there, new log file for devs attached

Attached Files:

DeepSpace likes this.
  5. psychonscious

psychonscious Member

A bit of additional info for the developers. Things appear to be working fine on my desktop, the issue only occurs with my Dell XPS 15 laptop

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Thank you for the log files

psychonscious likes this.
  7. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

We are aware of this one.
    It appears that Netflix updated - some (?) - of their servers which changed some SSL properties and that is incompatible with the way AnyStream handles secure sockets layer.
    The problem is, that only a few people are affected and we can't reproduce it.

We're currently experimenting with an alternative SSL implementation (the Windows on-board one) and are hoping, that will resolve the issue.

8. Fred Berry

Fred Berry Member

Just in case you need an additional screenshot and log for this error...

Attached Files: