• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot rip/copy AMADEUS (Director's Cut) to hard drive

FGallee

Copying the first (of two) DVDs fails consistently at 50% with the error message:
FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 3942299648 268288.
Please find attached the log file created by AnyDVD.
It's a "Two Disc Special Edition" of the movie Amadeus (Director's Cut) made for the US market.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_E_AMADEUS.ziplog
    130.8 KB · Views: 3
In my personal experience such issues are read errors coming from a dirty or bad disc. This can be the case even with a brand new disc. You might try cleaning it first just to see since it is a painless attempt.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N A1C3
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
You need to set your drive's region. Exit AnyDVD completely and set the region.

If you check/set the region when AnyDVD is running Windows is fooled into reporting the region is set.

Setting your drive's region may not solve the current problem, but doing so will prevent other problems later.

I suggest trying the AnyDVD beta as well. AnyDVD (HD) 8.6.2.3 beta

Set your drive's region, update to the latest beta and try the rip again. If it still fails post a new log file so the devs can take a peek at what is going on.

Copying the first (of two) DVDs fails consistently at 50% with the error message:
FileIO 3 VTS_01_1.VOB 3942299648 268288.
Please find attached the log file created by AnyDVD.
It's a "Two Disc Special Edition" of the movie Amadeus (Director's Cut) made for the US market.
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. And please set your drive region code.

thank you very much for your suggestions and reminding me of the physical nature of DVDs.
I think I followed all the advice (cleaning DVD, setting drive's region code, updating to latest beta (8.6.2.3)) and I still end up with the same result. I copied a lot of DVDs in the last couple of days (partially (re-) building my digital library), so I don't think that my drive is defective (famous last words).
Is there anything else I could/should try?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.3_Info_E_AMADEUS.ziplog
    122.7 KB · Views: 2
Yes, you could try another drive. Connect a USB drive and see if you get the same failure. If you do, most likely, you've got a bad disc. But, that does involve in investing in another drive or, at least, borrowing someone else's external drive. However, it's generally good to have a secondary external drive on hand for cases such as this.

I still have an external USB drive and the outcome was different, so there are (as expected) minor differences between drives. Instead of giving up at 50% this time AnyDVD tried to repair the DVD directory structure, however that was a very slow process. After at least 15 hours (I let it continue to run overnight) it gave up with the following error message: "NavigationPack 2 Padding VOBU 4 2122272 502 Clone 6". The status of AnyDVD is no longer "repairing DVD directory structure" and we are at 56% processed (just in case these details make any difference).

Last edited:
"repairing DVD directory structure"
I don't think I have ever seen this message, but I also had a weird error some weeks or month ago. Now I copied some other discs and they went fine, so it only was this DVD, not the entire drive.

I recently encountered the repairing DVD structure and it failed because the disc was not fully readable. It was old and scratched up. So, your case is probably also a disc that is unreadable at some point for some reason. Even if it may be new or relatively not old.

thanks for your help. I will stop here and give up on this DVD.

I still have an external USB drive and the outcome was different, so there are (as expected) minor differences between drives. Instead of giving up at 50% this time AnyDVD tried to repair the DVD directory structure, however that was a very slow process. After at least 15 hours (I let it continue to run overnight) it gave up with the following error message: "NavigationPack 2 Padding VOBU 4 2122272 502 Clone 6". The status of AnyDVD is no longer "repairing DVD directory structure" and we are at 56% processed (just in case these details make any difference).
Post a logfile from *this* drive.

Back