• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot remove CSS protection

johnnyb3good

I have used AnyDVD for sometime now. I have recently updated from XP to Windows 7 and purchased AnyDVD to use with DVDShrink which I had used before and it worked brilliantly.

I have a Samsung SH-223C SB02 DVD drive

However, after installing AnyDVD, as soon as I put in the DVD I get the Failed to read DVD Warning.

1. DVD is not dirty
2. Media is not damaged
3. is not any of the known drives having problems
4. Have assigned a Region (4 as I am in Australia) and it is the same in the AnyDVD settings) and have tried to find a patched firmware (not identicle to the drive - is an SB04) and downloaded and installed that.

Below is the summary for the Drive

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.6.6.0)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S223C SB04
Drive (Hardware) Region: 4

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1945584 sectors (3799 MBytes)
Total size: 2836567 sectors (5540 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PERCY_JACKSON_LIGHTENING_THIEF
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!
Video Standard: PAL

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.

So...now what? Is it the DVD drive or am I missing something?

Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

Meljo

hi

same error on original dvd all copy protected dvd did the same error

either if i just buy a new dvd of an old/new movie Time Bandits, alice in wonderland(2010), Forest Gump
with this error Clone DVD cant rip them since its copy protected
anydvd ripper tell me the H is not ready
got a Plextor PX-716A RPC-1 firmware 1.10 XP SP2

ty for anything that could help

all the info are in the zip file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.8.0_Info_H_TIME_BANDITS.zip
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.6.8.0)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-716A 1.10 07/20/0614:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1786368 sectors (3489 MBytes)
Total size: 3437178 sectors (6713 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: TIME_BANDITS
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.8.0 ) is up to date.
Code:
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-716A 1.10 07/20/0614:00
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

AnyDVD_Log

Code:
  2.48s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  2.56s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  2.66s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  2.66s: read error 3069701 to 3069702, max 3437178, io->read_error 0
  3.03s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.13s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.22s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.33s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.44s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.53s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.64s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.73s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.83s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.92s: read sectors failed, sense 5:6f:3
  3.92s: read error 342 to 358, max 3437178, io->read_error 0
  3.94s: crack failed - read error!
There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things.

See here. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labelled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).SysInfo

You are using Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2. Please update to the latest Service Pack.

all the info are in the zip file

You are using a cracked AnyDVD version. It should be common knowledge that *CRACKED ANYDVD VERSIONS DON'T WORK*. Trust me. They don't. Remove the crack / loader, and it'll work.

There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things.

No, in this case it is another non working AnyDVD loader / crack. There is not a single working AnyDVD crack available. Really. The cracks don't work. The crackers should do a little QA before releasing it. :rolleyes:

lmao - seriously cracks me up when people use cracked software and then bitch about the program not working. I mean seriously when you post a log file using cracked software do you really think that the developer of the program isnt going to be able to tell whats going on - Little common sense here people
Love the software James never once had a problem backing up any movie I have, even if we "sometimes" have to wait for an update. thanks for all your hard work James

Last edited:
No, in this case it is another non working AnyDVD loader / crack.
Here's an idea:
Let ALL the Mods know exactly what they should be looking out for in the Logfiles, so that they don't waste their valuble time giving helpful advice to yet another 'crack' user.
:)

Why are people on here even trying to help these thieving ******** :bang:

Here's an idea:
Let ALL the Mods know exactly what they should be looking out for in the Logfiles, so that they don't waste their valuble time giving helpful advice to yet another 'crack' user.
:)

The information the blacklisted keys are only available to Slysoft staff, moderators don't work for Slysoft so we don't know this.

Some users who use cracked versions still end up buying the software along the line. I guess flaming them won't entice them to buy, being helpfull when they need it will.

Last edited:
The information the blacklisted keys are only available to Slysoft staff, moderators don't work for Slysoft so we don't know this.

Some users who use cracked versions still end up buying the software along the line. I guess flaming them won't entice them to buy, being helpfull when they need it will.

Good points, especially the last one. If you get more of the crackers to actually buy the software, then hopefully they'll spread the word around to other crackers that they know to actually legitimately buy Slysoft products.

But, I have to admit, it is to laugh when I see some of those people come on here and complain about Slysoft products when they are using them illegally.

It seems like a cracker comes on this Forum to ask for help at least 2-3 times a week, especially when a new movie comes out on DVD or Blu-ray.

:D

Point Taken....
But, it still is amazing the amount of Testicular Fortitude that it takes to complain or seek help from Forum members when you knowingly are using a Cheat or (crack).:doh:
The "REAL" AnyDvd has been the best software investment that I've made when it comes to removing copyright protections bar none...:clap:
When will people realize "You get what you pay for"...:agree:

Last edited:

Where has anyone ever helped one of these people - other than to tell them to buy the real deal?

-W

I think what people mean is that that they spend the time trying to help people (sometimes extensively) only to find out that they are trying to use pirated software, and I think that's what's so frustrating. real registered users never seem to have the same types of problems that crackers have

Last edited:
Back