• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot read DVDs after 1st rip/read

1. Try completely uninstalling Mymovies. Does Anydvd ripper still lockup?

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.201 (2.5.0.201)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 201
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 201

"Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder. "--http://www.cdr-zone.com

PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 2.3.26.0 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Product: PxHelp20
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 2.03.26a

"Part of Sonic Burning engine, it's made by prassi/veritas and licensed to Sonic. Comes with Winamp, 1click DivxToDVD and (older versoins of) Digion Audio. "--http://www.cdr-zone.com

2. Typically, these filters do not conflict with Anydvd. However, for the purposes of troubleshooting, they should probably be removed

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "pfc". Click "Remove Selected Filter". select "PxHelp20". click "remove selected filter." "Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Please note that whatever program that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

3. Unfortunately hard lockups are typically indicative of hardware failures or system driver/software conflicts. Open your computer case and check for dust accumulated inside case fans, graphic card fans, etc. Then get your power supply checked. Check the back of your drives for loose cables.
Run a spyware/antivirus scan on your computer. Take your computer in for repair to get it looked at.

1. Try ...Take your computer in for repair to get it looked at.
Hello Websligner,

I have tried #1 and #2, and there is no difference.

I seriously doubt that this is a hardware issue, as the system is perfectly stable and *only* has a problem when the AnyDVD ripper is run. This is 100% repeatable all the time, so the only logical conclusion is that AnyDVD is doing something to the system that is locking it up, since it only freezes when the ripper is run.

As mentioned, I am able to back up a DVD from the optical drive easily using copy-n-paste, so if this was indeed a hardware issue, I think the copy-n-paste will fail as well.

..Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, other than enabling "safe mode" in Anydvd, I'm out of suggestions. Something is either interfering with Anydvd on your system--or you are, indeed, experiencing some sort of hardware issue. I am unable to reproduce this issue on 3 different systems (nor can anyone else that I'm aware of).

Oddly, I don't see any packet writing software on your system. If you have any installed, uninstall it to see if that resolves your issue.

Last edited:
samircduran,

I understand that you are still experiencing issues. Please provide full system hardware specs, and let me know what software is preinstalled on these systems please.

Also, you should be aware that certain autoplay issues have been resolved with some Pioneer drives in Anydvd 6.4.4.0. Have you tried it yet?

Sincerely,

Webslinger

Back