• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot open medium.

montevideano

I'm trying to back up one of my Blu-ray movies: "Francofonia" and it doesn't open in my CloneBD. I get the following message: Cannot open medium. Unable to open the selected medium. Could not generate hash.
I have no problems playing the Blu-ray on my television.

Another problem I have with CloneBD is that when I insert a movie it opens 9 different boxes of the Blu-ray.
Only one indicates the drive that has the blu-ray.

Thanks,

Montevideano

Hopefully someone can explain what all this means. What's "couldnt generate Hash". Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Montevideano

Could not generate hash.

That usually happens with read errors or corrupt sectors on the disc.
CloneBD tries to generate a hash value to identify the disc, but the data appears to be scrambled or somehow broken.
An AnyDVD log file might help.

Another problem I have with CloneBD is that when I insert a movie it opens 9 different boxes of the Blu-ray.
You possibly opened an ISO or folder with that disc previously - maybe several times from different locations?
I don't know. But it should go away, if you open CloneBD's settings and click on "clear cache".

Pete,
Thank you very much for your response. I did clear the cache and it resolved the issue of showing several blu-ray boxes.
I have the AnyDVD log file. Hope it help solve the problem, or at least have an understanding of what's going on.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.1.0_Info_F_FRANCOFONIA.ziplog
    143.7 KB · Views: 2
OK, thanks for the log file:

Code:
 11.48s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5      // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

nothing exciting, it's just a bad disc (or, less likely, drive), you should get a replacement.

I got this error on a couple disks I'm in the process of re-ripping, but ONLY if I do it directly from the ISO I ripped using AnyDVD-HD. If I open that ISO in CloneBD I get the error.

However, if I mount the same ISO in VCD first, it opens and rips fine in CloneBD as if I were using the physical disk.

Is VCD somehow correcting any errors in the ISO? It's bizarre to me.

Please create a NEW topic (not resurrect a 2.5yr old dead topic) and provide more info, logfile(s)...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Please create a NEW topic
Sorry sir. I actually had a draft created for a new post because I had never seen a thread about this before, but as a hail mary I decided to search for the error and found this one so I canceled my draft.

I don't have any issue doing what you say, but if it's as simple as "same problem" (which I thought Pete may be able to answer easily) why create a new thread for someone to look at if there's nothing new to see?

Because this topic has been dead for nearly 3 years, then there's the "issue" that if you don't have the exact same title as the montevideano, then you have a SIMILAR but not the same problem.

Back