Cannot open medium.

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by montevideano, Jan 18, 2018.

1. montevideano

montevideano Member

I'm trying to back up one of my Blu-ray movies: "Francofonia" and it doesn't open in my CloneBD. I get the following message: Cannot open medium. Unable to open the selected medium. Could not generate hash.
    I have no problems playing the Blu-ray on my television.

Another problem I have with CloneBD is that when I insert a movie it opens 9 different boxes of the Blu-ray.
    Only one indicates the drive that has the blu-ray.

Thanks,

Montevideano

2. montevideano

montevideano Member

Hopefully someone can explain what all this means. What's "couldnt generate Hash". Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Montevideano

3. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

That usually happens with read errors or corrupt sectors on the disc.
    CloneBD tries to generate a hash value to identify the disc, but the data appears to be scrambled or somehow broken.
    An AnyDVD log file might help.

You possibly opened an ISO or folder with that disc previously - maybe several times from different locations?
    I don't know. But it should go away, if you open CloneBD's settings and click on "clear cache".

4. montevideano

montevideano Member

Pete,
    Thank you very much for your response. I did clear the cache and it resolved the issue of showing several blu-ray boxes.
    I have the AnyDVD log file. Hope it help solve the problem, or at least have an understanding of what's going on.
    Thank you very much for your assistance.

Attached Files:

5. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

OK, thanks for the log file:

Code:
     11.48s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5      // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

nothing exciting, it's just a bad disc (or, less likely, drive), you should get a replacement.