• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot get VCD to work in XP

RunAway

I ripped an ISO file off a BluRay copy of "Invictus" using AnyDVD HD and installed VCD and mounted it but can't get PowerDVD 7.3 to load it....Any help plz....

Any advice plz...I can load a regular ISO image from a DVD and it will play good,but cant even get VCD to see the Blu-ray image...

Any advice plz...I can load a regular ISO image from a DVD and it will play good,but cant even get VCD to see the Blu-ray image...

Sounds like a PowerDVD issue rather than an AnyDVD or VCD issue. PowerDVD 7.3 is pretty old. I don't have a suggestion because I can't even begin to test it, myself.

Alright, wait a minute. You do have a UDF 2.5 driver installed right? I mean you're using XP and there is no native support for UDF 2.5 (Blu-Ray) or UDF 2.6 (HD-DVD).

Alright, wait a minute. You do have a UDF 2.5 driver installed right? I mean you're using XP and there is no native support for UDF 2.5 (Blu-Ray) or UDF 2.6 (HD-DVD).

I guess I don't...This is a new one on me..I heard of that but thought it came with AnbDVD HD....How do I do it??? And thanks for the reply!

I also use Imgburn and I can play the Blu-ray disc with the current version of PowerDVD that I have...I think I read that Imgburn has those drivers in it...PowerDVD plays the disc fine,and VLC plays the m2ts files fine...I just want to be able to rip the movie to my HDD and play it with PowerDVD but I can't even get the ISO to show up in VCD...

Last edited:
ok got the UDF 2.5 driver installed and now VCD can see and read the ISO file,but now PowerDVD don't want to play it....

ok got the UDF 2.5 driver installed and now VCD can see and read the ISO file,but now PowerDVD don't want to play it....

Any AnyDVD log of a Blu-ray disc you want to play might be helpful.
EDIT: And does PowerDVD play the disc with AnyDVD running?

A lot has happened since yesterday...I figured I would try some update patches in PowerDVD 7.3 and it rendered the playback of any Blu-ray impossible...Installed and uninstalled several times with no luck and even downloaded a trial version of PowerDVD 10 and it doesn't work either so now I'm in the process of reformatting....All because I wanted to play ISO files with PowerDVD....But I'm not giving up.....And to answer a previous question,yes,it would play Blu-ray with AnyDVD running,or not running, before I mucked up the registry and stuff....Thanks.....

Well finally got what I wanted without spending more money on crap that I never really needed....Took about 15 hrs but whos counting...

Back