• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot flash ASUS BW-16D1HT

axymeyus

Hello. Sorry for making another thread on that subject, but I recently acquired a BW-16D1HT in order to rip a couple UHD movies and I'm stumped by the procedure...

The drive was shipped with firmware 3.10, so I tried to flash an older one using two tools that I found here: ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified) using DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.02 results in a Failure #4 and BH14NS40_N1.00-A4_patched with DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_302 also fails with a DRAM error. What I am supposed to do?

Thank you.

If you go into BIOS of your PC. What mode is shown for the drive?

Kufo,

that's really a good hint. Maybe he hasn't the most recent version. You have sent that to a couple of people lately. So please send it to him as well to try.

Flash to 3.10 MK and leave as is or flash to 3.10 MK and then downgrade to a previous DE or MK firmware.

Flash to 3.10 MK and then downgrade to a previous DE or MK firmware.

He already tried that, but it didn't work. I just sent him this tool in a working version to become clear that it's no issue with his machine/connection.
We will see what happend when he gives feedback.

I've used the files you've sent me kufo, and this time the flash did work thank you. I'll have to see if my disc can be ripped now. I don't know why the ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified) I downloaded was not working (I grabbed it from the makemkv topic that is linked in the sticky here) though. It might be worth it to edit that post. :)

You must flash 3.10-MK first. This firmware re-enables downgrading. Then you can flash 3.02 if you want.

I see. Any reason why I'd want to switch to 3.02? I flashed the 3.10 MK and AnyDVD has no trouble ripping my 4K disc.

3.02 reads a little slower than 3.10 so it can be better for any troublesome discs but you may as well leave it as is until you come across one.

I've used the files you've sent me kufo, and this time the flash did work thank you.
Great news (y) Glad that I could help. We don't know the reason why your downloaded file didn't work, but now it all works for you.

3.02 reads a little slower than 3.10
You're right, but slower reading isn't always negative.
I use Asus 1.02 in one drive even for that reason. Some titles are problematic when AnyDVD tries to remind them. The slower they read the better it is, I think.
I tested this one that wasn't found with the 3.10, but quickly found with 1.02 in the other drive.
Did someone else notice that?

This not a usual behavior - Only a few discs do so.

You're right, but slower reading isn't always negative.
I use Asus 1.02 in one drive even for that reason. Some titles are problematic when AnyDVD tries to remind them. The slower they read the better it is, I think.
I tested this one that wasn't found with the 3.10, but quickly found with 1.02 in the other drive.
Did someone else notice that?

This not a usual behavior - Only a few discs do so.
You mean ASUS 3.02 since you wrote 1.02? Yes, same here and Marty also confirmed it. 3.02 works better with problematic discs since it will stay slower for longer time at problematic zones on the disc.

Stupid me :banghead: I meant the LG 1.02.
Sorry for that. Glad you noticed my mistake (y) That's exactly what I wanted to say. Your description is very good.

Don't worry! LG 1.02 and ASUS 3.02 perform very similar. However, with the LG firmware I had some cases that the discs wouldn't read in at all while the ASUS firmware read them. I have 2 drives. One with 3.02 and another one with 3.10. I usually use 3.10 but switch to the drive with 3.02 if the discs are problematic.

i get a new ASUS BW-16D1HT with official firmware 3.10.
i use ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified) to flash firmware 3.10MK, than get a firendly driver so easily...:thankyou:
it rips BD more quickly & noiseless than v3.02.:LOL:

Attachments

• Split BD.JPG
    Split BD.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Split UHD.JPG
    Split UHD.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 16
Back