• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot find DVD directory

copecope

I have been using clone dvd and any dvd for several years and this is the first problem I have had. I have the programs loaded on 2 different laptops and am using the newest versions of the software. For a couple of weeks when I make a backup using one of the laptops it will not play on any of my 3 laptops it says Cannot find DVD directory, but it will play on a DVD player. This is a problem because I watch most of my dvds on my laptop. If I use the other laptop it plays fine on laptop and dvd player. I have removed and reinstalled both clone dvd and any dvd and still have the problem. Anyone have any ideas Thanks copecope

If you are burning to DVD-R try burning to DVD+R instead. My previous Toshiba & my current HP Laptops will not play burned DVD-R media even though both could burn DVD-R's that play fine on my main dvd player.

BOTH had no problem playing burned DVD+R

using +R which is the same media I have been using for several years. Cant think of anything that has changed or that im doing different

Copy successful and won't play "somewhere"

I have been using clone dvd and any dvd for several years and this is the first problem I have had. I have the programs loaded on 2 different laptops and am using the newest versions of the software. For a couple of weeks when I make a backup using one of the laptops it will not play on any of my 3 laptops it says Cannot find DVD directory, but it will play on a DVD player. This is a problem because I watch most of my dvds on my laptop. If I use the other laptop it plays fine on laptop and dvd player. I have removed and reinstalled both clone dvd and any dvd and still have the problem. Anyone have any ideas Thanks copecope

This scenario comes up very often. Maybe I should make a sticky somewhere...
Anyway, a successful copy and not playing on some other device but playing on other can NOT be the software that created the copy. This scenario is ALWAYS either the blanks you are using and/or the speed you used to burn the copy with a factor of a degrading of the burner you used to create the copy. Re-read your own description. Burner A = copies play super, Burner B = copies won't play everywhere.

What worked well and then no longer works well is ALWAYS an environmental issue, never the software when it is kept at a constant level - to mean: software does not "break". Hardware will do that and environmental things like laser efficiency, user, etc.

AS I said in my orginal post I have been using any dvd and clone dvd for several years!! I am not a newbe. Using same 16X media as always and burning at 6X as always. The last disc I tried to back up will not load on laptop or dvd player. When I put the copy in my laptop any dvd flashes up for only a second then the comp just keeps trying to open it but never does. When I put it in a dvd player it says error cannot play.

MAY be a case of bad media

From time to time I've come across some bad blank media. It appears that may be the cause of your problem.

You may have simply bought a bad batch of the media you normally use.

Try a different brand & burn at 4x instead of 6x. I've burned 16x media at 4x for years with excellent results.

AS I said in my orginal post I have been using any dvd and clone dvd for several years!! I am not a newbe. Using same 16X media as always and burning at 6X as always. The last disc I tried to back up will not load on laptop or dvd player. When I put the copy in my laptop any dvd flashes up for only a second then the comp just keeps trying to open it but never does. When I put it in a dvd player it says error cannot play.

Like Frank says, it's your media or your drive. Take your pick.

Back