• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot copy Our Father's Plan DVD

Hi ThomasC,

I did resolve it in a round about way. Out of curiosity, I checked with my Net Flix dvd subscription. Those worked perfectly without issue. The curious part is that I do continue to have this repeated problem with other similar religious themed DVDs. Truly, I don't know if they have found a cleaver way to confuse AnyDVD from correctly decrypting. I personally find it a little too hard to believe that all the DVDs they manufacture all have errors.

Regards,
Aguilajd

Hi Thomasc,

I found a rather interesting solution for three other DVDs I have experienced this same problem. The first DVD is the original reason I was checking the forums to see if anyone else had the same problem, but nobody did. That lead me back to Our Father’s Plan and I responded to your inquiry.

My three other DVDs that have the same problem are: Padre Pio Between Heaven and Earth (more than 1 year ago), Mary of Nazareth (about 4 months ago), and Miracle of St Therese (about 2 weeks ago). All from the SAME publisher as Our Father’s Plan – hmmm. I was unable to backup these movies until I tried these steps. BTW, I am still using the same DVD burner as before, which I was told I should replace because it is such an inferior quality. Which begs the question, then why does the solution below work? Hmmm.

First thing I did was to turn “Auto Play” off in Windows. When I insert a DVD, Windows does not try to do anything with it. Based on a really old decrypter I used way before AnyDVD, I happen to remember they said Auto Play can actually load some ‘stuff’ into Windows which can confuse the decrypter.

Second thing I did was go to AnyDVD, Settings…, Video DVD, and Settings. Then at the bottom “AI Scanner” I set it to “ALWAYS ENABLED”. Again, I have been told that I should NEVER turn this on unless I have been specifically told to do so. Anyway, it works.

After this, all three movies backed up completely and without ANY problems whatsoever! The downer is that Our Father’s Plan still does not back up. HOWEVER, it does get further along in the decrypting than before. At least it’s some progress. Perhaps the AI Scanner can be enhanced, I don’t know.

Anyway, I got 3 out of 4 backed up. That’s progress. Don’t forget to reset “AI Scanner” back to AUTOMATIC. Afterward. I hope this helps you out some way.

Cheers,

Aguilajd

Hi ThomasC,

I did resolve it in a round about way. Out of curiosity, I checked with my Net Flix dvd subscription. Those worked perfectly without issue. The curious part is that I do continue to have this repeated problem with other similar religious themed DVDs. Truly, I don't know if they have found a cleaver way to confuse AnyDVD from correctly decrypting. I personally find it a little too hard to believe that all the DVDs they manufacture all have errors.

Regards,
Aguilajd
Did you read the post right above yours? There is NO protection on the disc. Disable AnyDVD then copy your disc. Sometimes discs with no protection causes AnyDVD to do funny things.
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.6.4.2, BDPHash.bin 15-08-10)
MEMOREX MRX 800LU V1 5M61 2010/08/06 15:42
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2023712 sectors (3952 MBytes)
Total size: 3689162 sectors (7205 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FATHERS_PLAN1_SCN
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is locked to region(s): 1 3 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 3 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
Back