• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot copy movies with proper sound track

jim1250

There are several movies, including Nanny McPhee, that i have been unable to properly back up. The video is fine, but the director comments, or whatever they are, are the only sounds you can hear when playing the movie back. i have used AnyDVD, cloneDVD. Shrink and DVDDeCryptor. nothing seems to work properly. Is there a better product out there?:mad:

Your problem is in your selection of Audio. I always select 5-1 in Shrink.

jim1250,
oldjoe may be correct that you are simply choosing the wrong track when making your backups but it seems unlikely that you would make the same mistake when using each and every software that you mentioned using.

You just may have a kinky player. Your player may just be defaulting to the director's commentary track because it reacts to backups differently from originals. The correct movie track may really be on your backup.

When the movie is playing, try pressing the "Audio" button (on your remote control) repeatedly to cycle through all the audio tracks on your backup and see if you can get the movie track you want to hear.

Alternatively, you could go to the menu on the backup, choose "Setup" or "Audio" and choose the track you want to hear.

Whisperer

Director's Commentary

I am having the same problems with backup's playing only the director's commentary. This occurs using AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I have four DVD players in the house it plays the same on all of them. So far this has happend with The Pursuit of Happyness (2006), Monty Python's the Meaning of Life (Special Edition), Blood Diamond and a few others. Nothing seems to work. Is it possible to locate the audio track for the director's commentary in the ripped files and delete it before burning the backup?

Back