• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cannot connect to server only on Hacksaw ridge

Oksana

AnyDvd Hd connects with other blu-rays. I have tried many times and get the same error. I've uploaded the logfile.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_G_HACKSAW_RIDGE.ziplog
    420 KB · Views: 4
AnyDvd Hd connects with other blu-rays. I have tried many times and get the same error. I've uploaded the logfile.

It may be worth trying the latest Beta of AnyDVD and see if that helps at all.
If it doesn't make any difference, make sure your firewall/antivirus isn't blocking internet access for AnyDVD.

Last edited:
I'll hold off on the beta for now. If other Blu-rays work, why would it be firewall or antivirus?

Beta's have no impact on server issues, @Pete will need to take a look. Logfile does not indicate a blocked connection

That's not the issue here. The issue is that his anydvd version isn't getting access to the OPD and thus fails to decrypt. That's an OPD issue in this case, not an anydvd one

That's not the issue here. The issue is that his anydvd version isn't getting access to the OPD and thus fails to decrypt. That's an OPD issue in this case, not an anydvd one

Fair point. It doesn't hurt though to install the latest beta, especially one that might be needed anyway ;)

Something is blocking your connection. It will work, once you resolve that.
Other discs work, only because your version of AnyDVD already has their required information built-in.
Newer versions of AnyDVD will likely fix that issue, but whenever a new disc comes out, that AnyDVD doesn't already "know", you'll run into that problem again. It's better to make sure, AnyDVD has access to the Internet.

Also: as ddjmagic is right: in this specific case, your version of AnyDVD won't work correctly with this disc, even with a working internet connection, so you have to get an update.

Something is blocking your connection. It will work, once you resolve that.
Other discs work, only because your version of AnyDVD already has their required information built-in.
Newer versions of AnyDVD will likely fix that issue, but whenever a new disc comes out, that AnyDVD doesn't already "know", you'll run into that problem again. It's better to make sure, AnyDVD has access to the Internet.

Also: as ddjmagic is right: in this specific case, your version of AnyDVD won't work correctly with this disc, even with a working internet connection, so you have to get an update.

Thanks for the responses. They create more questions.

1. I've never noticed AnyDvd HD using it's local database, unless I have already used AnyDvd HD with the disc. No matter how old the Blu-Ray is, if I haven't used AnyDvd HD on it, the software goes to the server. So I don't agree with that.
2. On what are you basing that in my case, my version of AnyDvd HD won't work correctly with this disc, even with a working internet connection?
3. I'm not in a hurry, I prefer to wait a couple days and see if the problem is the server for this disc or something else. If the beta will fix the problem, then the next stable version should do the same.

1. Just because you never NOTICED, doesn't mean it didn't. You tell me, how many times do you look at the status window where anydvd reports its findings :) It also depends, for old discs anyDVD can do much of it on its own. For AACS only protected discs, anydvd doesn't need the OPD. It gets used on discs that have BD+, Sony BD-J, screenpass etc protections
2. On his expertise as a redfox official staff member and developer who has the tools to fully analyze the logfile you submitted. What pete is saying, that the protection on that disc is complicated for a quick and easy OPD entry to resolve. With proper internet access the disc will at this time partially get decrypted (likely no fully functioning menu), with a new (beta) version that issue would then to be resolved and result in a fully working backup
3. As pete said, something is blocking AnyDVD from getting access to the OPD. AnyDVD uses IE's (or Edge? on windows 10 @James) to connect to the net. There also a chance that your AV or firewall is blocking access. IF you have one, temporarily disable it and reinsert the disc to see if it works now.

1. I've never noticed AnyDvd HD using it's local database, unless I have already used AnyDvd HD with the disc.

AnyDVD can handle thousands of discs offline, you don't have to have used AnyDVD on the disc yourself already in all cases.
As Ch3vr0n has already stated you probably won't notice when AnyDVD is using it's local database (which is probably 95% of the time)

2. On what are you basing that in my case, my version of AnyDvd HD won't work correctly with this disc, even with a working internet connection?

Your exact disc has been reported already by other users. 8.0.9.6 was released to specifically fix it and others - Pete handles these reported discs, that's how he knows.

3. If the beta will fix the problem, then the next stable version should do the same.

Yes the next stable version would include the same fix. As Pete and Ch3vr0n have said though you will still want to find out what is blocking AnyDVD for best future results.

I was running 8.0.9.0. When I inserted Hacksaw Ridge, a message box came up telling me I needed to upgrade to 8.0.9.6 in order to get complete functionality of the disc.

I've never seen AnyDVD come up and tell me a specific disc needed a newer version. Interesting intelligence in the software that it can apparently take a disc ID and cross reference that against a minimum required version in it's database.

Good job, developers!

1. I've never noticed AnyDvd HD using it's local database, unless I have already used AnyDvd HD with the disc. No matter how old the Blu-Ray is, if I haven't used AnyDvd HD on it, the software goes to the server. So I don't agree with that.
AnyDVD ALWAYS uses its local database - how would you "notice" that anyway? It also, additionally, ALWAYS tries to access the OPD (because sometimes there are updated fixes for discs) - normally, if the latter fails, but everything else is ok (AACS key available, etc), that won't hurt and you will not get any error message.
But in this case, AnyDVD neither got information from the local database, nor from the OPD, so that's why you get an error message.

Version 8.0.9.6 has a specific fix for this type of disc (new protection).

3. I'm not in a hurry, I prefer to wait a couple days and see if the problem is the server for this disc or something else. If the beta will fix the problem, then the next stable version should do the same.
Well, if you don't even believe the Redfox staff, when you're told, that your AnyDVD has a general problem connecting to the OPD, then nobody will convince you.

your log file clearly states: Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12029!
Which is actually a TCP error, meaning "ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT".

You can leave it that way and never have AnyDVD access the Internet, but occasionally you'll have discs, that won't work - and worse, sometimes you may even have discs, that appear to work at first glimpse, but don't really, because you didn't get the updated information online.

Back