• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can you underclock a monitor to 48htz?

JT!

....so that 24fps films would look better?

Google didn't show much on the subject.

dont think so(at least not easily) as your monitor refresh rate depends on the GFX card it's attached to (and the modes it supports) as well as the native modes the screen supports. PDVD does seem to be able to do it though

....so that 24fps films would look better?

Google didn't show much on the subject.
Depends on the monitor. Some can, some cannot.

Yeah I'd love a 120htz monitor for that very reason but they're always out of my price range.

What about overclocking to 72htz?

What about overclocking to 72htz?
I believe a display would more likely work with 48Hz (instead of 50) than 72Hz (instead of 60). 72Hz would require a lot more bandwidth.
The problem is, that 48Hz will never be advertised in a datasheet. You'll know after you bought it.

Maybe i'll try for 48htz then. I'll report back with findings!

btw for playing bds on my beamer, should i set the refreshrate to 23,xxx or to 60 Hz?

Does PowerDvD for example automatoly adjust the refresh-rate?

btw for playing bds on my beamer, should i set the refreshrate to 23,xxx or to 60 Hz?
Depends on the source. US discs usually have the feature at 23.98 fps, but 24.00 fps (Cinema speed) is possible, too. 25.00 and 50.00fps for TV Shows (Doctor Who & Co.) from PAL countries.
Does PowerDvD for example automatoly adjust the refresh-rate?
Newer PowerDVD versions at least try to. I am not sure, if they always do it right.

Back