• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can you me how to change the region on clonedvd

Yea, really, what crap you wrote. GRIN :D Your instructions were fine. :)

Pffffft! ;) Yeah yeah. Thanks, though.

To me that looks like total garbage but I just can't sit and make it look all pretty.

Well, I hope it's coherent enough to make some sense. I just fixed a lovely typo where I used the word remove instead of remote. Maybe it'll help someone. :) If not *shrug*

Last edited:
Pffffft! ;) Yeah yeah. Thanks, though.

To me that looks like total garbage but I just can't sit and make it look all pretty.

Well, I hope it's coherent enough to make some sense. I just fixed a lovely typo where I used the word remove instead of remote. Maybe it'll help someone. :) If not *shrug*

Personally I'd just use SVCD2DVD myself, but, anyway... :D Since cough *someone* cough pointed out that it was only 1 pound I went ahead and bought it as it has some very very good uses. :)

Personally I'd just use SVCD2DVD myself, but, anyway... :D Since cough *someone* cough pointed out that it was only 1 pound I went ahead and bought it as it has some very very good uses. :)

In this specific case if the DVD is an episodic cooking show I'd personally rip each episode to something like good quality Xvid with a program like CloneDVD mobile and then use Nero Recode or a similar program to compile and create a DVD with a basic menu pointing to each episode. It would take some time but not nearly as much as Nero Vision, IMO.

And... Bah humbug! You just had to remind me about the SVCD2DVD for 1 pound didn't ya. Thanks. Thanks a bunch!! ;)

In this specific case if the DVD is an episodic cooking show I'd personally rip each episode to something like good quality Xvid with a program like CloneDVD mobile and then use Nero Recode or a similar program to compile and create a DVD with a basic menu pointing to each episode. It would take some time but not nearly as much as Nero Vision, IMO.

Not me. I'd rip each episode as a vob passthrough, load it up into svcd2dvd, convert it(it saves the mpeg2 file so you can throw away the dvd files it makes) and then reauthor it myself with menus.

Not me. I'd rip each episode as a vob passthrough, load it up into svcd2dvd, convert it(it saves the mpeg2 file so you can throw away the dvd files it makes) and then reauthor it myself with menus.

Hmmm... alright. Valid point. That probably would be the best method, yeah.

Hmmm... alright. Valid point. That probably would be the best method, yeah.

Going to xvid or divx would lose quality, that's all. Keeping it in the mpeg2 family would lose less quality. I actually have a few dvd's I need to do this on, but, since *I* have an HTPC I don't care. Those that want to borrow them, however, might.

Going to xvid or divx would lose quality, that's all. Keeping it in the mpeg2 family would lose less quality. I actually have a few dvd's I need to do this on, but, since *I* have an HTPC I don't care. Those that want to borrow them, however, might.

Of course you'd lose quality goind to Xvid/DivX but in this specific case I don't think the loss of quality would cause that much problem. Not meaning to offend anyone who is very into cooking but I don't think a little loss in quality would matter for a cooking show. Of course I'll never admit to saying that to a friend who is a sous chef at a very high-end restaurant. ;)

But, in the end, your suggestion is the best in all situations. :)

Of course you'd lose quality goind to Xvid/DivX but in this specific case I don't think the loss of quality would cause that much problem. Not meaning to offend anyone who is very into cooking but I don't think a little loss in quality would matter for a cooking show. Of course I'll never admit to saying that to a friend who is a sous chef at a very high-end restaurant. ;)

But, in the end, your suggestion is the best in all situations. :)

NEVER offend a chef...even a sous chef. Trust me. :) I worked in a restaurant for 7 years. :)

And yes, my solution is good if you have the software...

Back