• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can you create an ISO for HD-DVD file rip

Well, I just uninstalled VCD and put Daemon 4.09.01 on here. I'll give it a shot. I'm curious to see if it fixes an issue I had with VCD that I haven't reported to James yet. (Hi, James! I wanted to test the issue more before reporting it, so, we'll see if indeed it's a problem with VCD or another issue). I should know soon. At least now I can mount HD DVD and BluRay images and play them. That's pretty sweet.

Samuri, get and install FastMount as well, it is free, you won't regret it no matter what virtual drive host prog you are going to use.

Nifty little toy I suppose. It doesn't do much other than pass the image file to the daemon tools exe through command line but that's pretty kuel.

Nifty little toy I suppose. It doesn't do much other than pass the image file to the daemon tools exe through command line but that's pretty kuel.

Yes, it is. But it saves me the trouble of mounting the .ISO myself thru the system tray. I double-click the ISO, bingo!

It is mounted and PDVD starts playback. Like having HD DVD virtual changer.

No autorun for me. I hate that. But having it automount is pretty sweet, I'll admit.

Samuri, get and install FastMount as well, it is free, you won't regret it no matter what virtual drive host prog you are going to use.

Here's the problem with Vista. Daemon version 3.47 does not work on vista. You have to install 4x version. However, fastmount does not work with 4x version. I wish it did because I would love to just double click and iso and have it auto-mount. If you want to use Vista, I would recommend using Daemon tools pro version which is not free. Instead of double clicking a file, you have to right click it than mount. Still much faster than mounting through the system tray.

Here's the problem with Vista. Daemon version 3.47 does not work on vista. You have to install 4x version. However, fastmount does not work with 4x version. I wish it did because I would love to just double click and iso and have it auto-mount. If you want to use Vista, I would recommend using Daemon tools pro version which is not free. Instead of double clicking a file, you have to right click it than mount. Still much faster than mounting through the system tray.

Yes it does. That's exactly what I'm using. 4.x DT, FastMount2, and Vista. All works great.

Yes it does. That's exactly what I'm using. 4.x DT, FastMount2, and Vista. All works great.

FastMount works with basically any host app. It is pretty straightforward in terms of code.

Now, for James: AutoMount by double-clicking would be a cool feature for the Virtual CloneDrive. Since you are looking at the code anyway, you might as well...

Just a suggestion.

maybe my version of fastmount2 is bad, where are you guys getting the download for fastmount2?

Ok, I downloaded your fastmount2 and cannot seem to get it to work. I choose iso as a file and choose daemon tools as the program to open....when I double click the iso file, daemon tools opens up but that's it.

Any ideas on how to get it to automount and start up PDVD?

Ok, I figured it out. Fastmount does not work with the latest version of Daemon tools pro v4.10.0215. It does work with v4.09.1. I appreciate all your help and will stick with the v4.09.1 and fastmount, this is too cool.....thanks.

I'm not using DT Pro. I'm using 4.09.1 and as you've discovered it works flawlessly. I rather like the set up so far, and Daemon Tools has behaved itself on my machine which I'll admit is nice.

One more comment with Fastmount, it does not work with User Account Control (UAC) enabled in vista. That's why it did not work for me at first.

And yet, people keep thinking that UAC is somehow......good and/or useful.

One other thing, Daemon Tools 4.09.1 comes with the annoying spyware whenu save...you know how to disable that and still get Daemon tools to work?

You said that we will be able to use PowerDVD soon to play an ISO mounted with clone drive. What is the status on this issue?

I always get an error when its an ISO mounted in clone drive. Works great from the file system.

That's exactly what I'm using. 4.x DT, FastMount2, and Vista. All works great.

im using vista ultimate, current 4.x DT, and an extension from the dt site. awxDTools. i like how i can just right click any DT supported image and select the drive to mount the image on. i like it better than fastmount.

im using vista ultimate, current 4.x DT, and an extension from the dt site. awxDTools. i like how i can just right click any DT supported image and select the drive to mount the image on. i like it better than fastmount.

Interesting...I'll have to check it out. Someone told me to try FastMount and it works as advertised so I have no real complaints. But I always like to check out new stuff so maybe I'll grab it sometime soon. So far DT has performed very well on my machine and I have zero complaints. VCD had an issue where if I mounted an ISO that I create with CCD or ImgBurn and then tried to open it with CloneDVD or CloneDVD Mobile, the preview wouldn't work. DT doesn't have this issue at all.

One other thing, Daemon Tools 4.09.1 comes with the annoying spyware whenu save...you know how to disable that and still get Daemon tools to work?

I must have missed your post on this one. The "spyware" is optional. Uninstall DT, reinstall it, and this time pay attention to what's selected. Specifically look for the DT toolbar and uncheck it. ;) That should give you what you're looking for.

Back