• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can only guess. . .

DrDavo

Where is the CSS key list I'm supposed to look in for a DVD "The Black Phone"? I can't find it.

Can you please leave a link to the thread or comment you are talking about? If it was here, I haven't seen it yet.
But I think you are talking about the keydb file. Just google it. Or download the AnyDVD scanner from the UHD thread. It can dowload it for you so you don't always have to do it yourself.
But tbh, I am not even sure right now if it also contains keys for DVDs or only BDs. Haven't looked for DVDs there yet.

Last edited:
That was the popup window from anydvd when trying to rip "the black phone" to my HDD. (It is a DVD- not UHD) It wasn't the 1st time I've seen the popup. I ignored the last one and later on, I found that I couldn't watch the movie. It was "65". Both from redbox. The popup told me to go to website and look through keys. I can't find any keys!!

The popup told me to go to website and look through keys.
I have no clue what you are talking about. Please tell us the exact wording of that popup or even better, give us a screenshot.
Was it by cance a message about "Cannot find CCS keys" or something like that and do you see "Drive Hardware region: 0 (not set)!" at the top of the information window?

Please create and upload a logfile after insertig your disc. Wait for AnyDVD to scan it, and when it's done, right-click onto the AnyDVD tray icon and select create logfile.

That was the popup window from anydvd when trying to rip "the black phone" to my HDD. (It is a DVD- not UHD) It wasn't the 1st time I've seen the popup. I ignored the last one and later on, I found that I couldn't watch the movie. It was "65". Both from redbox. The popup told me to go to website and look through keys. I can't find any keys!!
The popup window probably told you to set you drive region code.

OK sorry to be so long. I had to finish making a homemade pie. Pizza pie. I appreciate your help. No, I have not set my region. Your reply was too late, rather, I was to late to read it and ripped BlackPhone. No log. Screenshot I could of got was gone too. Do you suppose I left it for so long, it figured out what key was gonna work?

Well it did, I checked it. It plays and has sound. I won't know if the whole thing is alright until later on. I had DVD "The Hill" too. So put it in; got a log; because it showed the same window, and I have screenshot.

I am testing it now. The first few minutes are ok. Now that I read my own scr shot closely, it says that I can check the key IN MY APP.
I don't understand, though, what it can tell me, at a glance. Maybe that you can tell me, but that's what I came here to find. I just thought there was a big repository of "many" keys, or all of them, I don't know.

So the software came up with these keys. They are in the app, key archive, my registry. I don't know if they are the correct ones.

I downloaded the scanner. Ver 1.1.8.0. That's as far as I can get for now. I'll pick it up again tomorrow, if I can. I started with Sly Fox, 2-17-15. Never did any of THIS stuff before. Bout time that I learn. If I can't complete by Sunday, it will be a week until I return. Time does get away. Trying to figure out, and learn SACD terminology too.

It's all experimental. It's time consuming too. Never rests, but I will. I'll read what ya'll said later. I do want to thank-you for helping. Good lookin out!
DrDavo

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.0_Info_E_THE_HILL.ziplog
    167.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 10
They are in the app, key archive, my registry. I don't know if they are the correct ones.
"from the AnyDVD settings window."

As the message already tells you, set the region of your drive. Exit AnyDVD before you do so. You don't need the Scanner or the keydb file for this, it was just my first thought since you said you want to look for keys. You don't need to look into that archive at all. Just do as AnyDVD tells you and set the region.

Back