• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can not retain Menus in certain movies

falcon241073

This has happened before, but in certain movies it is frustrating. I have recently tried to back up The Punisher and The Chronicals of Riddick and neither one could I retain the Menus.

I am having to make up a seperate disk for the x-tras. Can not use all the xtras in Riddick as it needs the menu function to work right.

Any way around this problem? It surprises me that this is an issue with these two movies, seeing as they have been out awhile. Punisher is put out by Lion's Gate and Riddick is Universal. I believe I had this problem with World Trade Center also.

This has happened before, but in certain movies it is frustrating. I have recently tried to back up The Punisher and The Chronicals of Riddick and neither one could I retain the Menus.

1)Did you click "preserve menus" in Clonedvd2?
2) And what version are you using?
3) What version of Anydvd are you using?
4) Is "remove annoying adverts and trailers" enabled in Anydvd or not?
5)Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

1)Did you click "preserve menus" in Clonedvd2?
2) And what version are you using?
3) What version of Anydvd are you using?
4) Is "remove annoying adverts and trailers" enabled in Anydvd or not?
5)Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you in your post asking for help.

Answers:
1) Yes, on next screen it would count up to show compression and then grey out (the compression string on bottom)

2) 2.9.0.3

3) AnyDVD 6.1.2.5

4)Nope

5)
When the Punisher is loaded:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-812S UTS2 2004/03/27 17:37
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2065856 sectors (4034 MBytes)
Total size: 4113835 sectors (8034 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_PUNISHER
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

When Chronicles of Riddick is loaded:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.5)
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-812S UTS2 2004/03/27 17:37
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2052480 sectors (4008 MBytes)
Total size: 4007671 sectors (7827 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHRONICLES_OF_RIDDICK
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

1)So the menus don't play at all on your backups?
2) What happens when you play your backups on a standalone dvd player?
3) Did you create a backup?

Basically I'm trying to understand what you mean by "and neither one could I retain the Menus".
4)You check off "preserve menus" and you can't click "next"?

5) What's the problem exactly?

Last edited:
When put your backup into a player and you press "menu" on your remote control, will it go to menu then? Some movies go straight to playing the movie when you insert the disk...

Last edited:
When I click on "Preserve Menus" and the click for next page, The clonedvd progresses to the next page and then the compression meter at the bottom starts to build up. It gets about half way across and then the compression meter goes to the same grey as the area around it. If I try to click on next, it does nothing. If I go back and uncheck Preserve menus and then click next, everthing works fine. I can burn the movie and get a good copy. This has only happened on about 4 or 5 movies now (out of alot more than that) and it is not an issue except with Riddick. Certain parts of the extras I want to retain need the menu to work right, but I guess that might not happen.

My personal DVD player hooked to my TV has zero issues playing anything I put in it, and it should'tfor what they claimed and I payed, lol

What happens if you select "Clone dvd" from the first menu screen in Clonedvd and
then select your source disc (everything should be selected)?
Can you click next when everything is checked off?

Basically I'm wondering if part of the menu is tied into one of the title selections.

Last edited:
I have the Chronicles of Riddick, "The Unrated Director's Cut", Region 1 original. Is that the same one that you have?

If you post back yes, then I will check it out. But right at this moment, I just started CloneCD to backing up Disk1 of the new 2-Disk Boxed Set of To Kill a Mockingbird and the DL Verbs are 2.4 X ... so it's gonna be awhile.

Whisperer

I have the Chronicles of Riddick, "The Unrated Director's Cut", Region 1 original. Is that the same one that you have?

If you post back yes, then I will check it out. But right at this moment, I just started CloneCD to backing up Disk1 of the new 2-Disk Boxed Set of To Kill a Mockingbird and the DL Verbs are 2.4 X ... so it's gonna be awhile.

Whisperer

Ooh goody. I hope the answer is "yes".

Basically I'm wondering if part of the menu is tied into one of the title selections.
That is exactly what I was thinking ... that one of the titlesets, that may have been de-selected, is used for part or all of the menu graphics ... or something like that. But I can't check it out till TKAMbird is finished.

What happens if you select "Clone dvd" from the first menu screen in Clonedvd and
then select your source disc (everything should be selected)?
Can you click next when everything is checked off?

I only have one DVd player/burner in my system. I have to use Anydvd to rip to the hard drive then burn using clonedvd to a blank disk. If that is not what your refering to then do you mean when I load the info to Clonedvd and it gives me the options of what I want to include? I will have to try tommorrow after work and get back with you after I try to urn with all options selected (I have not tried that yet, and do not know why I have not yet). I am currently burning another movie and am about to go to bed, got an early morning.

Thanks for all this help though. I will post me answer around 3 or 3:30pm central time tommorrow.

Whisperer

As you have seen, the answer is yes. I have the same one you have. I am also going to try tommorrow when I get in from work.

Again, thanks for the help here. Hope it helps others who have run across this.

I only have one DVd player/burner in my system. I have to use Anydvd to rip to the hard drive then burn using clonedvd to a blank disk.

OK.

1) Do not use Anydvd ripper. Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328 fully
"Rip video-dvd to hardisk" could have very well messed something up. Very important to read that link!

2) You do NOT have to rip to the hard drive first at all.

3) You can select the source and destination drive as being exactly the same. Once Clonedvd2 is finished reading the source disk, your drive will eject and ask for blank media.

This, in all likelyhood is your problem: you used Anydvd ripper.

Last edited:
Ooh goody. I hope the answer is "yes".
Actually, I didn't like the movie very much ... I just got it because my girlfriend's nieces think Vin Diesel is the biggest "hunk" in movies. Yah ... ok ... cool ... I got that movie ... let's watch it girls ... I just love vinnie too!

Actually, I didn't like the movie very much ... I just got it because my girlfriend's nieces think Vin Diesel is the biggest "hunk" in movies. Yah ... ok ... cool ... I got that movie ... let's watch it girls ... I just love vinnie too!

LOL

I got it because I liked Pitch Black

OK.

1) Do not use Anydvd ripper. Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328
FixVTS could have very well messed something up.

3) You can select the source and destination drive as being exactly the same. Once Clonedvd2 is finished reading the source disk, your drive will eject and ask for blank media.

Did not know this, I will do it that way from now on. Probably is the problem. Will save alot of defragging too, lol. I knew there had to be an easier way of doing this.

lol

Well, things could be worse. They could like Keanu Reeves, like my girlfriend does. I think he took acting lessons from a robot.

Err, I meant "goody" because if it's a bug, then you could duplicate it very easily, and I could quietly leave this thread and go play a game :D

And then you could direct falcon241073 to both Slysoft and Elby tech support like I know you would and could probably describe how to do it much more efficiently than I can.

But since it looks like Anydvd ripper was the culprit, I can now go play a game anyway. :D

Last edited:
Did not know this, I will do it that way from now on. Probably is the problem. Will save alot of defragging too, lol. I knew there had to be an easier way of doing this.

Please read this too http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 fully
(especially 5, 8, 16, and 17)

If the problem persists, try selecting absolutely everything and clicking "next".

But I bet the problem was using "rip video-dvd to harddisk".

Last edited:
OK.

1) Do not use Anydvd ripper. Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328 fully
"Rip video-dvd to hardisk" could have very well messed something up. Very important to read that link!

That fixed it. I am now burning the copy of the movie with the menus. Problem solved and only one coaster (contains movie, no menu so no use). Thanks for correcting my newbness. This will make the whole proceess faster form now on too.

Thanks again guys, for all the help

Back