• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can Not Play ISO files

Nick7700

Hello,

Did something change recently? Prior before, I could play the iso files on my Dune player. Now most recently, I have noticed that the most recent iso's cannot play anymore. I get an error on the TV screen "Cannot read disc".

Hey @Nick7700 you will have to give the crew on the forums here a bit more to work with. For example, how are you generating the iso files that don't work when you're attempting to play them on your Dune player. What model Dune player are you using? Are the iso files stored locally on the Dune player or on a networked file system?

Can you pin-point a date after which any iso files you've made don't work? Is it all the iso files after that date, or just some of them?

What version of AnyDVD did you use for the most recent iso files that play back on your Dune? (You can find this out by EXITing AnyDVD, then mounting the ISO. Open the "disc.inf" file, which you'll find in the root folder of the mounted iso, in a text editor. It will show you the version of AnyDVD that was operating when the iso was created.)

Is that the same version of AnyDVD that was used to create the recent iso files that DON'T play back on your Dune?

I'm sure others may have more important questions to ask, so I will stop there.

--michael

Thank you @mbarnstijn for the help and letting me know what to add in the post.

The iso are created with AnyDVD HD. The iso's are stored in my ReadyNAS boxes which is networked. The Dune player is Dune HD Solo 4K. I have been using these methods and never had any disc read errors.

So, I just cheeked and the last and the last iso that worked was The Contractor and Fantastic Beasts The Secrets of Dumbledore. They were running AnyDVD Ver. 8.6.2.3 (BDPHash.bin 20-03-11) which is the latest. So last week and today I kept on getting the cannot read disc errors for the movie Memory which was running Ver. 8.6.2.3.

Please let me know what else I need to include.

Thanks,
Nick

I use ISO's for other reasons than direct playing on a player but have not noticed any issues. I suggest you try playing some of the non-working ones in VLC or something similar to sanity check the whole thing.

I would be shocked if AnyDVD was hosing ISO's because you would see posts all over the place about it. That's not to say you are not having an issue. Cleary you have something going on but I personally do not think AnyDVD is the reason. But test another player and lets see what you get. Or that is my personal suggestion anyway.

I‘m 99,9% sure AnyDVD is not the root cause. What did you change recently? Think! Any upgrades installed?

I haven't changed anything lately that I know of. Everything is still the same. No changes. I try to stay up to date with AnyDVD software updates. Now that I know how to check the "disc.inf" thanks to @mbarnstijn, I did compare the ones that are working and the ones that cannot read disc. I've uploaded them for you to view. This is just my observation only. What is the "Unit_Key_RO.sha=0x8B94B1E1AF320EFD658DB42D4C5A25067AE41950" line? I've looked at all of my earlier iso's and none of them has the Unit_Key_R0. Only these recent ones that I rip. This is just an observation and comparison that I can see. Someone with better knowledge can understand this better.
I've attached the inf file of The Contractor and Everything Everywhere All At Once.

Attachments

• Everything Everywhere All At Once_inf.txt
    238 bytes · Views: 12
  • The Contractor_inf.txt
    162 bytes · Views: 3
To rule out AnyDVD just create an ISO using an older version of the program. If you still have the issue it‘s not related to AnyDVD.
Also reset the program options to default.
Were you able to play the ISOs mounted with VCD using VLC or MPC?

@Nick2022 Can you show us a screen shot of the Dune player error message? Also, what version of Dune firmware do you have on that device? I tried the latest beta release (June 2022) and it killed my network access -- I couldn't set permissions on the Dune to access any of my NAS drives where I store my ISOs. I had to revert to the previous firmware release, and everything was working again. (Whew!)

To rule out AnyDVD just create an ISO using an older version of the program. If you still have the issue it‘s not related to AnyDVD.
Also reset the program options to default.
Were you able to play the ISOs mounted with VCD using VLC or MPC?

Here is a screenshot of the movie The Contractor and Everything Everywhere All At Once using VLC media player on my laptop. Both using the same firmware Ver. 8.6.2.3 and The Contractor I was able to play it, but for Everything Everywhere All At Once, it came up with an error (see attachment).

Attachments

• IMG_5631.jpg
    IMG_5631.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5632.jpg
    IMG_5632.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
@Nick2022 Can you show us a screen shot of the Dune player error message? Also, what version of Dune firmware do you have on that device? I tried the latest beta release (June 2022) and it killed my network access -- I couldn't set permissions on the Dune to access any of my NAS drives where I store my ISOs. I had to revert to the previous firmware release, and everything was working again. (Whew!)

Here's a screenshot of the Dune firmware taken on my phone. According to Dune, this is the latest firmware, and no new firmware is available.

Attachments

• IMG_5634.jpg
    IMG_5634.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 14
I haven't changed anything lately that I know of. Everything is still the same. No changes. I try to stay up to date with AnyDVD software updates. Now that I know how to check the "disc.inf" thanks to @mbarnstijn, I did compare the ones that are working and the ones that cannot read disc. I've uploaded them for you to view. This is just my observation only. What is the "Unit_Key_RO.sha=0x8B94B1E1AF320EFD658DB42D4C5A25067AE41950" line? I've looked at all of my earlier iso's and none of them has the Unit_Key_R0. Only these recent ones that I rip. This is just an observation and comparison that I can see. Someone with better knowledge can understand this better.
I've attached the inf file of The Contractor and Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Post logfiles.

Here is a screenshot of the movie The Contractor and Everything Everywhere All At Once using VLC media player on my laptop. Both using the same firmware Ver. 8.6.2.3 and The Contractor I was able to play it, but for Everything Everywhere All At Once, it came up with an error (see attachment).
Your iso is encrypted. You have created a *proteced* iso with AnyDVD?
EDIT: Again, POST ANYDVD LOGFILES. Much less talk and discussion required.

Rule 1: If nobody else is experiencing issues I have - the problem is on my side.

You seem to have changed the way you are making ISOs. Protected vs. Unprotected.

I was experiencing issues when backing up retail discs. It would strip the protection without issue and strip the region locks, however when I burnt the ISO to a blank SL/DL disc and played back in a retail box such as a PS4 / player it wouldn't progress further... Anyway after checking the extended options for extracting to ISO I found out some options could break retail players especially the option 'Remove prohibited user operations"

Try tweaking your settings then try re extracting a disc. Here is what I have used and found to work;
upload_2022-7-30_14-8-34.png
After those settings an example of a processed disc before extraction, region free disc.
YRIXmSe.png
When you want to copy make sure you don't select anything when 'Rip to Image' is selected as shown here:
HM9IIYC.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-30_14-7-57.png
    upload_2022-7-30_14-7-57.png
    16 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back