• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can not access or uninstall clonedvd2

burnout

I could use your help if you have time.
I have been using any dvd and clone dvd for some time now with outstanding results, never a problem. I use them both at least 2 times a week, last Friday was the last and again no problem. Sunday I wanted to copy a movie and inserted dvd and started anydvd then clonedvd as always but this time clonedvd would not open saying "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I am logged in as admin.. Okay so I thought well I will just uninstall the program and reinstall it but then I get "clonedvd2 is currently running! you must exit clonedvd2 before you can continue". I rebooted tried again, same thing, I went into file explorer tried to delete folder, same thing, went into safe mode tried to uninstall and delete folder, same thing. I booted into dos using win 98 boot disc and tried to delete folder and still got the same thing. I have tried all that I know and cannot delete or reinstall clonedvd2. My next step is to restore PC with backup image but really would like to know if there is any thing I can do to correct problem in case I run into this again.

Thank you so much in advance for your time and guidance.

In your dept,

Burnout

1) If you hit ctrl-alt-delete, do you see "clonedvd2.exe" in your processes tab? If so, select it and click "end process".

By the way, ever hear of this program? http://killbox.net/

2)Can you uninstall Clonedvd now?

3)What happens if you try to reinstall Clonedvd?

a) clear your browser cache
b) visit http://www.slysoft.com/download.html
c) download clonedvd2
d) install clonedvd2

Last edited:
Clone DVD No excess

Clone DVD, Elaborate Bytes not in task manager or processes.

Thanks for the tip on KIllBox, works great. It deleted clonedvd2 without a problem.

Downloaded and reinstalled CloneDVD2 and it installed with no problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Burnout

Last edited:
but for future references what would I do if I could not have rolled back the PC to earlier date? how would I have re-entered my serial #?

start-->all programs--Elaborate Bytes-->Clonedvd2-->Register Clonedvd2

Had you done this, you probably wouldn't have had to do a roll back.

You will of course require the original license key that was emailed to you.

Last edited:
Register Clonedvd2

Yeah WebSlinger I think I was just a little brain dead after I posted, It dawned on me that it was a key and not actual numbers. I had not used it in so long (with updates you don't need it) I was thinking numbers and having to plug them in somewhere. The thing is every thing is okay now thanks to you and KillBox.

Thanks again,

Burnout

Back