• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can I clarify - is AnyStream working on any new content ??

Not being miserable - and yes I can read but for me - I can't decrypt any new content on AP+, HBO Max or Netflix - does anyone have a work around for any of these [until another release] especially HBO Max - big new film out tomorrow ?? Robert

Not being miserable - and yes I can read but for me - I can't decrypt any new content on AP+, HBO Max or Netflix - does anyone have a work around for any of these [until another release] especially HBO Max - big new film out tomorrow ?? Robert
Yes we are all aware of Feb22, The Matrix. We are doing our best. Thanks for your understanding. You can still watch the movie and download it at a later time.

Last edited:

Yeah it seems to be hit and miss

Quite,...

I’ll just say that from a practical standpoint, the issue of concern is less the release of a new movie or series (that will be around for some time) but rather the removal of a movie or series. As we all know, streaming services have a tendency to quietly purge media, even their own exclusives projects.

Still it is what it is. It’s a systematic issue that isn’t confined to AnyStream and thus effects their competitors too.

We are all in the same boat and all we can really do is wait.

Are there any new updates or do we just get the same generic message? I just paid a lot of money for a lifetime subscription and now can't use it to download what I want. I will be without decent streamable internet soon and hoping I didn't throw my money out the window.

No .. there is no update. was it working when you bought it? it has been broken off and on for several weeks now and it sounds like you just bought it? If that is true why would you buy it when there have been so many posts? :banghead:

Hello @Robert Prosser

Although AS is not fully functional at the moment, I'm surprised to hear that you're having issues with HBOmax. I just subscribed to it a few days ago, and I'm seeing about 99% success so far; including their 4K content: Matrix, Wonder Woman, Justice League, etc. Although they have Dune listed, they no longer have it. That list is not up to date.

Unfortunately, it's hit or miss for the moment. I've even seen success with Mad TV today even though it failed yesterday. Just keep trying is my best advice for now. One example where issues are persistent are Ron's Gone Wrong for both HBOmax and Disney+ and Night Court on APV (IMDb TV). In fact, it's IMDb TV where I'm seeing a high rate of failures. So, avoid that Channel for the time being.

Be wary with building a large queue just in case you run into this particular error: Error. Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download. It will not throw up a dialog window. It will just silently display the error in the Download Queue, thus burning through any Download Tokens immediately for any additional titles that may suffer from this same error.

Best of luck until the next AS update.

Update:

4K Titles I pulled from HBOmax between yesterday and today:
  • Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)
  • Justice League (Director's Cut)
  • Godzilla vs. Kong
  • Matrix 1 (1999)
  • Matrix 2 Reloaded (2003) tried 3 times before success
  • Matrix 3 Revolutions (2003) tried 3 times before success
  • Outsiders (The Complete Novel) (1983) (2017 release)
  • Wonder Woman (2017)
  • Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
Make sure you use the Video codec drop-down to select HEVC Dolby Vision when available for these titles.
And the Audio track to select the 770 kbps DD+ 6 channels

Last edited:
I just paid a lot of money for a lifetime subscription and now can't use it to download what I want. I will be without decent streamable internet soon and hoping I didn't throw my money out the window.

Let's not stress thing's, they're bleeding money to while this is ongoing and most likely their livelihood depending on AS so very much in their interest fixing it.. nor are they alone trying to break DRM again so just a matter of time, anyone buying software of this kind must learn being patient because this will happen again.. and again .. and again

HBO MAx not working for me I am getting the same error Error. Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download

I am as Pro Anystream as anyone here. I am not going to lie and say I am not having issues with all the providers including Hbo Max, on APV if I download one at a time without using the queue it's good, but even then on new titles, I am not successful. I absolutely think and I do not know, I am not a developer, it's a regional thing, that is why I can't make an update thread because what works for one doesn't work for another. So if I said HBO works 99% of the time, I am positive I would get blowback from a lot of people who can not have the success I had. Even error codes are different. On the same movie, I have had two different error codes on the same movie, yes at different times in the film but who knows what error DRM throws up in AnyStream, I surely do not. But if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, what difference does the error code make?

I've bought Anystream Plus Lifetime on the 26th of November 21, so for me it stopped working (which i would call the actual situation) just after a few days - anyway i've trust in the Team that they will come up with a solution.

I find I can pull down providers that I buy through AP, like PM+, IMDB, and FX. I don't get everything but a lot. I get very little AP free media right now. I do seem to do better if I select HEVC if available. I have to look far a wide for HM for a good DL. HU and D+ let me pull a lot of stuff. Netflix crashes me every time I try any media DL.

Also I notice under AP, AS's response time is SLOW, screen updates, list management take a lot of time. Not the snappyness I am used to. I have turned off any tabs I am not using and that seems to help, too.

This is with 1270.

Hello @Robert Prosser
Unfortunately, it's hit or miss for the moment. I've even seen success with Mad TV today even though it failed yesterday. Just keep trying is my best advice for now. One example where issues are persistent are Ron's Gone Wrong for both HBOmax and Disney+ and Night Court on APV (IMDb TV). In fact, it's IMDb TV where I'm seeing a high rate of failures. So, avoid that Channel for the time being.

I think the key there is "hit or miss" because while, like you, I also failed to get Night Court yesterday (APV via IMDb TV), but I was successful yesterday in finishing the last 2 seasons of Dallas (APV IMDb TV) and am now running a queue successfully getting Mad Men (APV IMDb TV). So it isn't the IMDb TV channel on APV that is problematic, it is individual titles. I've been successful at trying 1 episode of a series before queuing it up to see if it works or not... if so, I queue up a season (adding one episode at a time to the queue if the provider is APV, but adding a "download all" queue from Hulu works ok - getting NYPD Blue that way now as well - up to season 3.

HBO Max for me gives an error message about not being able to download the playlist (posted logfile earlier). If that is not a DRM issue and can be fixed in a timely way... that would be great!

I think the key there is "hit or miss" because while, like you, I also failed to get Night Court yesterday (APV via IMDb TV), but I was successful yesterday in finishing the last 2 seasons of Dallas (APV IMDb TV) and am now running a queue successfully getting Mad Men (APV IMDb TV). So it isn't the IMDb TV channel on APV that is problematic, it is individual titles. I've been successful at trying 1 episode of a series before queuing it up to see if it works or not... if so, I queue up a season (adding one episode at a time to the queue if the provider is APV, but adding a "download all" queue from Hulu works ok - getting NYPD Blue that way now as well - up to season 3.
FYI.. using v1290 (limited to SD content)
Which is perfect for this case because Night Court is only available in SD any ways:

upload_2022-1-7_16-29-54.png

JustWatch says it's available in HD, but it's not. I used their something wrong? let us know to report the inaccuracy.

upload_2022-1-7_16-39-14.png

Let's not stress thing's, they're bleeding money to while this is ongoing and most likely their livelihood depending on AS so very much in their interest fixing it.. nor are they alone trying to break DRM again so just a matter of time, anyone buying software of this kind must learn being patient because this will happen again.. and again .. and again

Yes, and it must also be stressed that sharing any content you procure is a "Do Not" as this above all else drives content providers to develop ways to stop the success of programs like Anystream.

I was able to download the latest episodes of 1883 (960x480)
Ah, that's right. Yellowstone was in 2.00:1 wasn't it. Looks like 1883 is as well. Looking forward to watching the TV series myself though I'll wait until AnyStream can download the TV series at 1920x960. I watch everything projected at 150" diagonal, so half resolution just doesn't cut it.

Back