• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can I be identified by the copy I make?

okgo

Hi,

New guy here. I just want to know, does the clone dvd software put an identifier on the copy you make? That is, can it be traced back to you?

Thanks,

Paranoid User

New guy here. I just want to know, does the clone dvd software put an identifier on the copy you make? That is, can it be traced back to you?

No, Slysoft doesn't play games like that. :disagree:

even if it did,you ARE legally entitled to make back up copies of cd's and dvd's for your own personal use.

heres a question 3 yrs ago my ex and i got divorced she took alot of my/our movies but she left the back ups and she moved to Texas are mine still legal?:policeman:

heres a question 3 yrs ago my ex and i got divorced she took alot of my/our movies but she left the back ups and she moved to Texas are mine still legal?:policeman:

Edit:

All I will say is this: Americans are allowed to make backups--but not if they circumvent digital copy protection measures in order to do so. Ever read Catch-22? That's a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Americans are allowed to make backups--but not if they circumvent the digital copy protections on the discs.

Then using AnyDVD would be illegal, because it circumvents digital copy protections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then using AnyDVD would be illegal, because it circumvents digital copy protections.

I'm not sure I want to say anything further, but I will say you're quick on the draw.

Anydvd isn't illegal where I am.

I think I'll ask a mod to see if my posts are ok here. Sometimes a mod needs a mod.

I'm not sure I want to say anything further, but I will say you're quick on the draw.

Anydvd isn't illegal where I am.

I think I'll ask a mod to see if my posts are ok here. Sometimes a mod needs a mod.

It's illegal for most people that use it then, since most are from the U.S. Either way, I believe people should be able to backup a movie they bought. No redistributing it though.

It's illegal for most people that use it then, since most are from the U.S.

You know, Elaborate Bytes is in Switzerland, and I believe many of the people associated with Slysoft are European. So I suspect there's a large European base of Slysoft software customers.

Either way, I believe people should be able to backup a movie they bought. No redistributing it though.

I could not possibly agree with you more. I think the U.S. law is brutally unfair. You have "fair use" rights--but not if you're trying to get around the copy protection in order to produce your backup . . . lol Yeah, that's brutal.

Last edited:
You know, Elaborate Bytes and I believe many of the people associated with Slysoft are European. So I suspect there's a large European base of Slysoft software customers.

I could not possibly agree with you more. I think the U.S. law is brutally unfair. You have "fair use" rights--but not if you're trying to get around the copy protection in order to produce your backup . . . lol Yeah, that's brutal.
A lot of European countries have laws against copying movies too though.

If you own a DVD and want to make 1 backup for archival purposes then it is fine. If you make them and give them to your friends it is not fine. Everybody should check the laws of there specific countrys and abide by them. :policeman: Enough said.

Back