• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can Compilation DVD Be Done ?

deezee

Hi...I want to do a backup of the Dexter tv series which I own.
Disc 3 has 3 episodes and disc 4 has only 1 episode with some extras.
I'm using single layer dvds and want to have 2 episodes on one
dvd and 2 episodes on the other while retaining the menu.
Is this possible and if so, is there a guide at Slysoft's site.
Thanks you.

Thanks for your help Webslinger.....you are incredibly fast at responding !
I'm curious...if you don't work for Slysoft who hires you to do this job ?
Or do you just do it out of the goodness of your heart ?

@deezee, You can compile DVD's or DVD files in NERO6 7 or 8 using RECODE2. You'll have to 1st back up your originals to file or use previously decrypted back up duplicates. I've done this several times and recently I've added production (closing) credits to a DVD title using to like titles one containing the closing credits and one without. In NERO RECODE2 Using compile a DVD RECODE2 allows you to customize your disc title by allowing you to choose your start and end chapters thus allowing me to end one disc just before the credits are due to start then add the 2nd like disc which plays poorly but has complete viewable production credits. I again create a start at the begining of the credits rolling and the credits finish as the end. The two like disc are placed in two separate optical DVD drives i.e. drive B & drive C. RECODE2 compiles the selected media from the two disc encoding both preparing my compilation to burn to one blank DVD disc. I select drive B to complete the burn process and before the burn process starts drive B ejects 1 of the 2 like disc used to compile the combined file. I then replace that disc with a blank. The burn process begins and completes successfully. I now have 1 complete disc that includes the main title and closing production credits.:rock:

Last edited:
Actually, I forgot Recode could merge like DVD Shrink. I've always used Nero Vision to compile discs with basic menus.

I'd do the following using AnyDVD & CloneDVD along with Nero Recode or DVD Shrink:

(1) Rip the disc with 3 episodes but only select the first two while preserving the menus.
(2) Burn this backup.
(3) Rip the disc with 3 episodes again but only rip the last episode.
(4) Rip the final disc that only has one episode.
(5) Merge these two rips with Nero Recode or DVD Shrink.

Yep, the same objective, I just use fewer software options. Just AnyDVD & NERO 8 RECODE2.:agree:

Back