• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can anyone suggest a good CD/ DVD scratch remover?

bennela

Hello all. I have been getting many DVDs from Netflix that look like they've been sandblasted, especially older movies and television shows. I was wondering if any of you can suggest a good device I can use to polish up the surface so there will be no more problems with my players readng the discs. Thanks in advance.

The Best and Ultimate Solution For Damaged CD/DVD Discs
Don't throw away your damaged discs .... Repair It and Save!
With CD/DVD Repair Pro, you will......
Repair your CD/DVD fast -- within 4 minutes.
Combine Repair and Cleaning function in one patented machine.
One Touch operation.
Fully restore your damaged discs and protect your favorite, rare, or hard-to-find CD and DVD collections.
Restore original performance.
Pay for itself as little as ONE repair.
Clean and repair up to 98% of all scratched discs -- including DVD, Audio CD, Playstation, X Box, Game Cube, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW.
Clean dirt, oil and fingerprints on the surface of discs which can cause malfunction and ultimately shorten the life of your valuable electronic equipment.
Form a protective layer on the disc.
No grinding scratches left on the disc after repairing like other brand machines did.
3 years manufacturer's warranty.
Package content: 1 CD/DVD Repair Pro machine, 1 AC Adaptor, 1 repair solution and pads, 1 cleaning solution and pads.
Click here if you need extra refill kits.
What is CD/DVD Repair Pro?

How CD/DVD Repair Pro works?

Hi :)
I've used Brasso (as a quick fix) Halfords WindScreen Scratch Remover & so on. Brasso is extreme. Glass scratch remover is safer. Just use as little as possible.

Walmart sells a machine called the Skip Dr. They have both electric and manual. $20-$30 or so. It's pretty simple:

Place disc in the tray,apply cleaner,put tray together,and wind it till it goes 360 degrees.Then eject the disc and buff off.

It has a built-in flexible buffing wheel and if you go that route-get the electric one for about $10 more. The manual one has a very low gear ratio, LOL

It won't be 100%,but is an option.

Walmart sells a machine called the Skip Dr. They have both electric and manual. $20-$30 or so. It's pretty simple:

Place disc in the tray,apply cleaner,put tray together,and wind it till it goes 360 degrees.Then eject the disc and buff off.

It has a built-in flexible buffing wheel and if you go that route-get the electric one for about $10 more. The manual one has a very low gear ratio, LOL

I used that Skip Dr., it didn't dry the DVDs properly.

Its a good option saugmon and welcome to the Slysoft forum, its good to see you here.:clap:

Toothpaste, Brasso, furniture polishing cream, very light auto rubbing compound and almost any liquid or paste that has a slight mount of grit. I have also used a yellow highlighter to fill in scratches. A mixture of Brasso and toothpaste have been the most effective that I have found.

Perma-Spin (The original cd scratch remover) and a tissue. I few drops of this purple liquid and some elbow grease. Been using ot for years. I still have the original bottle. They have since redced the bottle size, a little goes a long way. The spin cradle is something they added since it first came out too.

http://www.perma-spin.com/

cd/dvd cleaner

Hi ! i use nothing but Isopropyl alcohol and a very soft cloth a plain hanky will do, cleans them real good and won't damage the cd or dvd dry's in seconds. works great! what i do is spray it on and wipe in a circular motion.
do not use windex it will mess them up i know lol i tryed it and had to go out and buy the dvd again and back it up..

I try to not have scratched (original) dvd's but the couple I do have I use Skip Dr. and I have had great success with it.

this crap doesnt work for shizz , and i doublt i did it wrong , in short after it did its work you have to buff center OUTWARD with the supplied matirial so NO it doesnt do everything it just burns off a layer but you have to buff it out otherwise it makes the dvd worser by not being readable at all

memorex is better its a auto too but its a automatic buffer it does all the work if your getting any of DR products do it EXACTLY the way it means otherwise it WILL make the dvd worser ,

Hi ! i use nothing but Isopropyl alcohol and a very soft cloth a plain hanky will do, cleans them real good and won't damage the cd or dvd dry's in seconds. works great! what i do is spray it on and wipe in a circular motion.
do not use windex it will mess them up i know lol i tryed it and had to go out and buy the dvd again and back it up..

your NOT soposed to clean a disc in circular rotation , its CENTER OUTWARD and yea alcohol is a good idea proboly the best one here but it just cleans out dirt grime ....

if dvds are intensely damged im sure nextflix has an option whre you report it damged and they sent you a another one again , if they dont do that they suck and i recommend blockbuster online , its better simply why ? you have for instince 3 dvds they arrive UNPLAYABLE click report damged they re send 'em or next ones on the list (your choice) PLUS you can still use these dvds to rent on your local store FOR FREE . here is the only product i'd proboly recommend for the avg joe

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Memo...78423/catOid/-13225/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

here is the auto one i'd put my money on this , and if its junk return it to circui city for full refund

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Memo...78426/catOid/-13225/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

now for EVERYONE i recommend using only THESE cd cleaners , i use this to clean my disc PRIOR to backing them up

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Maxe...55224/catOid/-12931/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Last edited:
I use the memorex optifix pro. Came with two sets of buffer pads, (1) set that cleans and (1) set that removess light scratches most of the time. Also comes with the cleaners for the pads.

Back