• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can Anydvd HD ISO files used in editing softwares & does ISO lose quality from disc?

XenosagaLover

Hi I am new Slysoft softwares and I was wondering if I get Anydvd HD and rip a bluray to Image can I use that ISO file in an editing software such as Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects?

Also is ripping a bluray to image make the file lost any quality from the original disc version?

Thanks so much for your time I hope to hear from someone.:)

Sure you can to to iso and load it, provided your software supports loading iso's directly. Otherwise you will need to load the iso in a tool like virtual clone drive first.

And no you won't lose quality, iso rips are 1:1. In order to start losing image quality you'd need to start compressing and reduce the bitrate by a lot. And since anydvd doesn't compress,... ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Sure you can to to iso and load it, provided your software supports loading iso's directly. Otherwise you will need to load the iso in a tool like virtual clone drive first.

And no you won't lose quality, iso rips are 1:1. In order to start losing image quality you'd need to start compressing and reduce the bitrate by a lot. And since anydvd doesn't compress,... ;-)

So I have installed virtual clone first and mounted it but all I get is this a list of folders see picture for details and I dont see a way to then open an iso in an editing software? Plus if I have iso file that is not mounted it still plays in DVDFab Media Player so why since all i get is folders with no actual video file using virtual clonedrive do I need it?

When I look up online popular editing softwares IE Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe After Effects and others I dont see anything that seems to say they can import iso images so I am confused on why you say with virtual clonedrive it will work with editing softwares if some of the biggest name brands dont seem to support it? Can you give me an example of some editing softwares you know that work with iso files since I seem to be at a loss as to find any?

Thanks so much for your time. I hope to hear from you:D

Attachments

• virtual clone photo.JPG
    virtual clone photo.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 4
So I have installed virtual clone first and mounted it but all I get is this a list of folders see picture for details and I dont see a way to then open an iso in an editing software?

You don't open the ISO directly with the editing software (unless it supports that) you open/mount the ISO with Virtual CloneDrive (which you have correctly done)

Those folders you see are exactly how the original disc contents appear. If you have editing software that supports opening Blu-ray discs then you should be able to just point it to the BDMV folder.

Point your video software to the virtual drive, if they can process bluray they will load the structure from the virtual drive. If that media player still plays the iso, it only means they added an internal iso processor in it that makes the program capable of playing isos without having to be loaded in a virtual drive, that's all. A virtual drive simulates a real one with that disc inside.

Why do you need a virtual drive, well because most programs do NOT have an internal iso processor and as such require it to be loaded in a virtual drive.

No I can't give you any examples, as I don't do that jobs of bluray authoring. As I said, if Sony Vegas or adobe after effects can process bluray but not directly load from an iso, load it in a virtual drive first and then point the software to that virtual drive.

Back