Can´t create Log file

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by fireworks, Oct 5, 2017.

1. fireworks

fireworks Member

Hello,
    I have a problem to create a image from the german DVD "Orphan - Das Waisenkind". There is an read error.
    Now, i wanted to create a log file, but after start "creating Logfile" there comes no "logfile" windows and also no "explorer" window to save the file. Only the AnyDVD icon changes from light red to red.
    The folder AnyDVD logs is empty. No log file saved...
    Whats wrong? I use AnyDVD V 8.1.9.0

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

If you can not create a logfile (even with another disc), then maybe a System Information logfile would be a start.

Depending on your operating system: I'm using Windows XP, so the short cut is found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD System Information

Or open a command prompt window and enter:

"C:\Program Files\RedFox\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe" -syslog

Then press enter. The file location will open when done.

You may need to alter locations depending on where AnyDVD is installed on your system.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  3. fireworks

fireworks Member

When I start "AnyDVD System Information" nothing happens....

and when i open the command prompt window "C:\Program Files (x86)\RedFox\AnyDVD.exe" -syslog is nothing found....

strange....

my System is Windows 7 64-bit incl. Service Pack and Updates

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Uninstall AnyDVD entirely. Reboot the system.
    Reinstall AnyDVD. Reboot.
    Retest and report back.
    Why? Sometimes a clean install just "fixes things".. :)
    -W

5. fireworks

fireworks Member

Now i jumped from Win7 to Win10, and now the logfiles are running....

As already described, I can´t burn the German DVD "Orphan the Waisenkind". Read error.
    Here is the logfile

Attached Files:

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

AnyDVD doesn't burn to disk

7. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Despite that technicality, he still reports a read error - with a proper logfile it seems.
    -W

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

9. fireworks

fireworks Member

Yes, this is the disc... :)

First, anydvd reads the DVD and finds the CSS key.
    Then I try to burn the DVD with CloneDVD, but after about 40% in the read mode, defective sectors are determined. CloneDVD tries to repair it. But after some time, the program aborts the reading process with a read error.
    I am not sure if it is a defective DVD, or defective sectors in the form of a copy protection... :unsure:

10. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Are you processing with CloneDVD straight from the DVD with AnyDVD active? If you are, can you try and see AnyDVD itself can rip? (rip video dvd to hard disc, with the ripper). If that works, try feeding that rip into CloneDVD

11. James

Using CloneDVD is good. What I need is the exact error message. If you click "details" in the message box with the sad sheep, you can copy & paste it.

EDIT: I suspect a defective disc, but the disc is protected with read errors, so it could be a regression problem, too. I know, that this disc worked a some of years ago.

12. fireworks

fireworks Member

Here are the error logs from Clone DVD.
    First everything is fine, then CloneDVD tries to repair, and then Clonedvd stops with read errors.

Attached Files:

13. James

Apart from the scary Bitdefender software on your machine, I vote for a defective disc.