• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Called my credit card co. to ask what the chg was for now my license is gone

taft

I just paid my lifetime fee in August. By the time i got my credit card bill I forgot what the name was it was billed under. They couldn't tell me what i purchased, due to the bank the money went to i didn't recognize what it was, NOT merchandise, so they put it in dispute. i went back thru my emails and realized what it was. i called them the very next morning and told them there was no dispute, i remembered what it was, and it was a legitimate charge. I guess they took so long to re-charge me for it, now my program AnyDVD is disabled. I can't use it. PLEASE help. They said it was re-charged to me Sept. 11 so why today is my program disabled? What do I do...reuse the same key, or do i need a new one resent? HELP!!!

I just paid my lifetime fee in August. By the time i got my credit card bill I forgot what the name was it was billed under. They couldn't tell me what i purchased, due to the bank the money went to i didn't recognize what it was, NOT merchandise, so they put it in dispute. i went back thru my emails and realized what it was. i called them the very next morning and told them there was no dispute, i remembered what it was, and it was a legitimate charge. I guess they took so long to re-charge me for it, now my program AnyDVD is disabled. I can't use it. PLEASE help. They said it was re-charged to me Sept. 11 so why today is my program disabled? What do I do...reuse the same key, or do i need a new one resent? HELP!!!
Well that means it was never purchased and you will have to buy it again. You can look at your credit card bills online you don't have to wait for the paper. Since it was past I doubt much can be done now since this was not RedFox fault but your CC.

Well that means it was never purchased and you will have to buy it again. You can look at your credit card bills online you don't have to wait for the paper. Since it was past I doubt much can be done now since this was not RedFox fault but your CC.
It was most definitely purchased. It's on my statement for $124 or so, but what they did was credit it, and I had to tell them to recharge it, but that was the first week in Sept. It's been recharged so they told me tonight on the phone. So i have repaid.

Highly doubtful a bank can do a recharge. They can do a block, dispute or chargeback but not once have I heard about a recharge. A successful recharge would show up as a new charge for the same amount on your statement. If that's not the case, a recharge never happened and you'll need to repurchase. Feel free to post an image of the statement for us to have a look, but if you do be sure to blank or any personal details.

Highly doubtful a bank can do a recharge. They can do a block, dispute or chargeback but not once have I heard about a recharge. A successful recharge would show up as a new charge for the same amount on your statement. If that's not the case, a recharge never happened and you'll need to repurchase. Feel free to post an image of the statement for us to have a look, but if you do be sure to blank or any personal details.
I'm not writing you,chevron, no need to say "don't email me." didn't. just posting to the forum. I am looking at my card statement and of course they lied to me. I don't see it for Sept. the date they told me. i'm on the phone with them now. they insist it was charged again already.

It was most definitely purchased. It's on my statement for $124 or so, but what they did was credit it, and I had to tell them to recharge it, but that was the first week in Sept. It's been recharged so they told me tonight on the phone. So i have repaid.
oh, it was purchased, recycle. i've been using it daily since early August 2016. Had the old AnyDVD for years.

I always look at my statements online, Recycle. some people are so presumptuous. Other people on this forum are very nice and are really helpful. i don't know who the head mod is so i can't write directly. i don't even get paper bills...hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
@taft please don't triple post. Use the edit link instead below your post. Individual posts have been merged. as to the "don't e-mail me", that's not directed at you personally. It's part of my post signature (as you'll see when you read this post, it'll appear again). It's simply there to inform members that my PM box is not the forum helpdesk (and it happens frequently due to my activity on the board, had one just a few days ago). Your simply mixing up my post signature to be part of the actual reply. Just ignore it :)

Now, as you say yourself it's not showing up as a 2nd charge it's highly doubtful the charge went through. If it had, it should have shown up on the statement and you say yourself it's not there. The reason why your license no longer works is simple. The initial payment was disputed by the bank, as such redfox didn't actually receive the payment, and the accompanying license was automatically blacklisted because of it.

Oh and i'm no head mod lol, i'm just A mod ;)

To whomever can help me, my acct. was charged again for $123.24 on Sept. l2, 2016. How do i reactivate my license? Again, for WHOMEVER can really help. Thanks.

To whomever can help me, my acct. was charged again for $123.24 on Sept. l2, 2016. How do i reactivate my license? Again, for WHOMEVER can really help. Thanks.
Sounds like @Ivan or @Jill Anderson need to get involved and figure it out. Forum members (or mods) cannot.

That'll be a job for @Ivan or @Jill Anderson my friend. You can either wait for them to reply here, or the better and recommended way, create a support ticket and select billing/purchase problems. This is just a user to user support forum and we don't have access to payment/customer details.

They will be able to tell you if there was an actual recharge or not and advise you with any possible further steps to take.

@taft, we see that you are already in touch with our support team regarding your chargeback. If we leave communication up to the banks it takes a very long time to get the information we need regarding your rescission or cancellation of the dispute. Please send an updated (blackened) scan or screenshot of your current credit card statement clearly showing the reinstated charge with your reply to our support team. Thank you.

Taft it would be easier to cancel the transaction and re buy it

I'm sorry but I find it hilarious that people buy this software and then see it on their bank statement and freak out because they have no idea what it is and get in touch with their bank before they remember, especially because most people have to call to unblock the transaction in the first place! This has happened at least twice now that I know about. It even tells you at checkout exactly what it's going to show up on your statement word for word. This is all unnecessary work for Redfox because of careless buyers.

I'm sorry but I find it hilarious that people buy this software and then see it on their bank statement and freak out because they have no idea what it is and get in touch with their bank before they remember, especially because most people have to call to unblock the transaction in the first place! This has happened at least twice now that I know about. It even tells you at checkout exactly what it's going to show up on your statement word for word. This is all unnecessary work for Redfox because of careless buyers.

jt!...you are presumptuous and rude. I am not careless or anything else you have inferred. I have a busy life, work fulltime, just buried my mother and am grieving, and a senior citizen. I read the email I rec'd upon payment, i could have printed it, that doesn't mean that a month and a half later when i really looked at my statement I would have found a printed email, or could immediately remember. I buy off Ebay and Amazon and have bought small items going through some foreign banks. I never had to "unblock the transaction" in the first place. And the invoice said "Euros" and that would throw one. I was thinking "merch" and knew i didn't spend that money for an overseas item. When you become a perfect person, maybe you can spread the secret to it, or run for president.

Sounds like @Ivan or @Jill Anderson need to get involved and figure it out. Forum members (or mods) cannot.
mmdavis, wanted to say thanks for the contact names. that got me in touch right away. they told me what to scan for them, did so, and it was all taken care of. My card statement, however, had the dates all messed up for the recharge. And i didn't think forum members could straighten it out...but they can be helpful and pass on contact names as you did. i had to repost several times to get anything besides "you'll have to rebuy" or "doubtful a bank can do a recharge," which my bank did. And there sure is a lot of fussing and reprimanding of new people on this forum. Lots of that. Peace and love to younger generations.

@taft I did tell you in post 10 in sound be a case for customer support. Just give jt! some slack, the important thing is that the issue got sorted. The reason why you likely has to unblock is because of the Chinese payment processor and 'obscure statement message'. US banks are notorious for blocking transactions to China due to the high volume of real fraud. They were just overly careful, that's all.

In this case the fact that you buy a lot on Amazon for example is besides the point. Even if it's from Asia, doubtful the products are anything like anydvd. Due to the nature of anydvd, they have to be a little obscure on the cc statement.

Just be glad the issue is resolved and you're a licensed user again. Welcome to the club (again).

or run for president.

Can't. Wasn't born in the USA.

Didn't mean to be insulting or anything, I just had to throw that comment out there.

Also in this day of age, checking your statement online once every couple of days is good practice.

Back