• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

C&C Generals (First Decade Edition) asking for CD if any disc is in drive (V3.2.0.1b)

Sascha

Short Summary:

C&C Generals (First Decade Edition) asks for the CD to be inserted if there's any disc (except for the actual game disc) in the drive. It will *not* ask for it if there is *no* disc in the drive/the drive is open.

1. If you are having problems after an update, completely uninstall Game Jackal and reboot. Then reinstall the new version (note your profiles and setting will be preserved). If you are still having problems after an upgrade, try re-profiling the offending profile.

Did that.

2. Follow the recommendations of the Performance and Reliability wizard.

Did that.

3. Create the profile with "Image mode" checked. This is not an ideal solution, however it does help when we are troubleshooting issues with profiles.

Did that as well. Didn't make a difference.

More answers:

# What version of Game Jackal are you running?

V3.2.0.1 beta

# What operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

Windows XP 32bit, SP3

# If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecd Tray, and VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite). These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

Non installed.

# Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

Non installed.

# What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

Safedisc 4.60.000 (according to ProtectionID)

# What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

Command & Conquer - Generals (The First Decade Edition)

# What is the version of the game?

1.8 (fully patched)

# Is it cd or dvd version?

DVD

# What region or country is the original disc from?

Europe. Looks like it's from the UK.

# What cpu are you running?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

# What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

Toshiba SD-H802A (HD-DVD ROM)
Firmware: can't say at the moment

# What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 (6.5.2509.366.0663)

# Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

I tried this both in Imaged mode and non-Imaged mode. Same results. I also tried to create the profile "by hand" (with some subsequent automatic rescanning of the DVD the next 2 or 3 times I started the game) as well as by using the supplied profile in GJ. Again same result.

What happens is that as long as there's either no disc at all or the original game disc in the drive, the game starts fine. No requester asking for any CD. Only once I insert any other CD/DVD in the drive will "Generals" (or at least I assume it is Generals) popup a requester saying "Cannot locate the CD-ROM: Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart the application". Selecting OK just closes the requester and the application. Nothing else happens

I will attach two summary files (from the Imaged version... one with the requester popping up/game failing to start, one when the game starts up fine) as well as my filter list.

If there's any further information you need, just let me know.

Cheers,
Sascha

Attachments

• Summaries and Filter List.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 12
I just tested this again with the latest beta 3.2.0.2 and it unfortunately still shows the same behavior. If you want me to post any (latest) logs, just let me know which ones you need.

Cheers,
Sascha

I also have C&C First Decade. But never tried that one with GameJackal Pro.
I'll test that asap.

The problem is that they all have updated .exe files with SafeDisc 4.6. some of them start without the DVD inserted. But they simply check if there's a DVD present and probably check the DVD size, not so much the sectors.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

Back