• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

C&C 3 Tiberium Wars won't play

xxx666

A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (5016).​

I have AnyDVD, CloneDVD and Virtual CloneDrive drive installed (latest versions of each, as of this moment). I found hits on this issue in the Game Jackal forum, but I don't have that installed and never did.

I have the original DVD in the DVD drive.

I disabled AnyDVD and exited the tray icon.
I disabled Virtual CloneDrive.

Any ideas?

SecuROM™ has determined that some File Monitor program is running in the background. Please close this program and reboot your PC before you start the application.

hmm filemon / regmon possibly, some anti virus programs also use filemon (renamed etc.. just the driver), could be a tricky one to figure out...

so...

what anti virus (if any) have you got running?
what firewall software (if any) have you got running?
(obvious one) is filemon or regmon running?

file monitoring programs...

Well, I use Avast! for antivirus.

No firewall (behind a linux firewall on the machine connected to the 'net).

Don't have anything else running that would be monitoring files, though I do have the sysinternals filemon installed (and in my PATH).

What a pain in the ass....

I also recently installed Desktops

from sysinternals.com (MS).

Later, I'll trying disabling that...

I think it was Desktops (from sysinternals)

I unchecked the option to load at startup and rebooted, and CC3 works now.

Perhaps the hooks it sets in the bowels of Windows tripped some alarm for CC3.

Interesting . . .

I didn't know Securom targeted filemon.

I did some reading on this at one point. There are claims about this dating back a few years, I believe. That said, I have filemon.exe and regmon.exe on my system. I've always added the directory that they are located in to my PATH. I've never had an issue with SecuROM and having them on my system. Now, if I was running one of them when I went to play a game that might be another story.

Back