• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BVD Issues on Rimage

jackrose

Hello,

I recently set myself up with AnyDVD on a Rimage 5400N. I am using this device to rip my movie collection. The 5400N has its own computer inside of it, and I am running Windows 10 and rip dvd's and bluray's to an ssd on the same system.

In order to operate the robotic functions, I am using Rimage's proprietary Rimage Software Suite (RSS), version 9.0.232. This is the latest version I could find available on eBay. Rimage does not offer out upgrades unless you have a contract deal with them; so I am making do with what I can.

The issue I have run into is that AnyDvd (in my case ver 8.5.1) does not like to decode bluray discs in conjunction with RSS. There is a feature in RSS, inside the QuickDisc software, that will process discs in an Auto Bulk Read mode. The 5400N will continue processing discs until there are no more inside the input bins.

AnyDvd is able to decode dvd's just fine when I do this. However with bluray discs, the process stops early and results in a partial image file. I suspect this is due to a timing issue where the Rimage software expects to be ripping the disc to image straight away, and AnyDvd needs a little time to process the disc. I am guessing that bluray's just take a little more time to get done than dvds.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any way to tell the Rimage software to delay ripping for a couple seconds.

If I dont have AnyDvd running, RSS will rip the encrypted bluray discs to an image file without issue. I am then able to use Daemon Tools to mount the disc image and decrypt thru AnyDvd that way. So I thought: ok, maybe I just need to not run AnyDvd when I am ripping discs with RSS and then do decrypting with bluray and dvd discs via my script. However for some silly reason, RSS will not rip dvd's to images without AnyDvd running :).

I am resigned to just handle processing dvd's and bluray's seperate, and remember to set things up for each, but it would be nice to load both kinds in and not think about them for a while.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, have you found any other workarounds for it? When AnyDvd is doing the initial scan of the disc, is it sending any sorts of commands that may be causing RSS to treat the disc rip as a fail and than abort the process?

Thank-you for your time reading this.

Why not use AnyDVD's Image Ripper? That is enough.

As far as I can tell, RSS does not have an option to process one disc at a time. So the only option I can see for automation is the bulk read mode. Bulk read will just rip discs through RSS non-stop until the input bins are empty. AnyDVD works a charm with dvds when doing this, just not blurays.

As far as I can tell, RSS does not have an option to process one disc at a time. So the only option I can see for automation is the bulk read mode. Bulk read will just rip discs through RSS non-stop until the input bins are empty. AnyDVD works a charm with dvds when doing this, just not blurays.

Post a log file for a failed Blu-ray Disc, it may show why you only get a partial image. Without a log file you won’t get further.

Back