• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning To BDR - With A Difference

GumbieSlayer

Greetings all..
I have a question that would have been asked before, but this time comes form someone with a little more hardware to play with.
Lets assume for a moment that I have ripped a disc to image 1:1.
Of course burning that image is useless since the AACS is still there, and the slight problem of the Pic Zone.
So with that in mind, lets say I have access to a BCA cutter to write the rom mark back to the disc.
Now in general, information on the rom mark itself is like chickens teeth. I have managed to extract the rom mark, and I fully understand how the offsets are calculated.
What I dont understand is the VUK. It is meant to be in the rom mark, but I have never seen any other data there besides:
444901080000200042444F0111010100
0000000000C6D8FF0010000000C6D8FE

Note this is a generic rom mark, not to any movie ever released. This is also for a single layered disc. A dual layer disc uses more lines for the second layer.
If you copy and paste it into a hex editor it will give a much clearer view for those following along at home.

So what am I missing - where are all these other magical numbers, VUK etc.

Greetings all..
I have a question that would have been asked before, but this time comes form someone with a little more hardware to play with.
Lets assume for a moment that I have ripped a disc to image 1:1.
Of course burning that image is useless since the AACS is still there, and the slight problem of the Pic Zone.
So with that in mind, lets say I have access to a BCA cutter to write the rom mark back to the disc.
Now in general, information on the rom mark itself is like chickens teeth. I have managed to extract the rom mark, and I fully understand how the offsets are calculated.
What I dont understand is the VUK. It is meant to be in the rom mark, but I have never seen any other data there besides:
444901080000200042444F0111010100
0000000000C6D8FF0010000000C6D8FE

Note this is a generic rom mark, not to any movie ever released. This is also for a single layered disc. A dual layer disc uses more lines for the second layer.
If you copy and paste it into a hex editor it will give a much clearer view for those following along at home.

So what am I missing - where are all these other magical numbers, VUK etc.

Since you don't identify what that media is asking for help and expecting specifics help I would say is disingenuous. Also I don't this is a place to ask for cracking games or bypassing game protection as that is their IP and they could get you for copyright violations. Rather you should go and buy the game if it is a game your talking about since you don't say or state your the owner of the game itself. You want to use the software you have to pay them to support their products there is nothing wrong buying a software if you want to use it that will keep them writing and updating the software for all to use. Also slysoft program mainly work on move dvd and bd some music but mostly movie media is their bread and butter model.

Umm, well actually the BCA cutter came from auction (dead) - I got it to live and now want to convert my movies to blanks.

Believe me, I have done some serious reserch into this thing, and the concept I own something like this now instantly makes me a game pirate?

This thing adds the rom mark - its not a damn replicator.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only real gmaes on Bluray are on the Ps3..somewhat hacked to not require discs I believe.

Exactly What IP have I stolen? That code is a default code (worthless) - I could explain it, but that seems pointless. It is not some secret key there if that is what you think. TBH I dont even need the other tools to figure out how to accuratly calculate the rom mark - it is quite simple (I use a hex calculator and brain power)

As for removing protections - I can do that if I wanted already with Any DVD (arnt we there now) - I want to put them back onto the disc as close to original as possible (online content etc) .
I dont have any fancy media centre to stream movies to, but I do own a damn good Panasonic BD player.

As for removing protections - I can do that if I wanted already with Any DVD (arnt we there now) - I want to put them back onto the disc as close to original as possible (online content etc).

That's the problem if your just removing protection of sort for yourself as in a movie protection removal for your own use nothing wrong with that. But the problem starts when you want to put on protection to be put back online content for others that is where the problem starts. Unless you created and authored the movie media of which I doubt as that requires more financial then the most of us which a few people and their bankers can do put the rest of us out. Those protections where put on there in the first place to stop what you just talked about doing and give those that created the media movie benefits from what they created. So again if you do it for your own needs and no one else and never sell or distribute it then no one is going to make a fuss about it but once you put it to a online content that is where the games changes and the MPAA/RIAA/DODD comes into the game whether the rest of us like it or not.

That makes no sense at all..
You think it would be worthwhile for someone at home to mass produce discs and try to resell them with the cost of discs, time involved, extra equipment etc etc etc all factored in? Maybe for a replicatoin plant it would be... then again, for a million plus dollars for a single machine it would want to sell well.

Not sure where in the globe you are, but they have a pretty tough stance on that where I live. The concept of a few years in prison for a movie doesnt appeal to me at all.
As for online content, it is already on the disc and lets you see extra scenes etc etc over the net.
What you seem to be saying is that you would be fine with dropping into your lacal video store and use something like this to "back it up", yet for me to want to do it properly with my own damn discs makes me a pirate.

Honestly, If I wanted to be the pirate you seem to think, then why the hell would I goto all this trouble and expense. I could rip a disc and burn it ten times quicker then what I am wanting to do.

Guess I will just put this down to you have zero experience in this field (and in all fairness it is very extensive) and just assume anyone who can do what I can is in it for money - and for the record, the machine alone has cost around $17k to buy and the parts to repair it.
This is a great learning curve - it fascinates me and nothing more.

Back