• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning Blu-Ray disc; Is it that simple?

dogger114

I just purchased the Sony BWI-100A and installed the included software. I also purchased AntDVD HD. I started ripping Blu-ray disc to my hard drive. I used the included software that sony provided to burn a disc which was Cyberlink's Power2Go application. This is only a data disc application that I copied the saved file to and began to burn. Everything went fine and it burned correctly. I am using my PS3 as my Blu-ray player and it read it flawlessly. I have not had a problem reading the discs. I know that I can only rip and burn a disc that is under 25Gb because I am not paying $30 for a 50gb. disc, I might as well buy the movie. I used a Verbatim BD-R to burn. Is it usually this easy?

If all is right in your PC world yes, it should be just that easy.

What are you paying for BD 25's???

Nice work!

Trying to figure out what AntDVD HD is then I reaslised its a typo!

What's your set-up computer-wise?

Can you convert HD-DVD files and burn them on your BD?

Last edited:
I discovered that all you have to do is have ANYDVD-HD on. Then open Nero , put a Blu-Ray Movie in you Blu-Ray drive, Nero has an option that says Copy Blu-ray disc, select it. Nero will rip the Blu-ray movie to your harddrive, when it is done it will tell you to insert blank media. After you insert the blank Blu-ray disc, Nero then will burn the ripped movie from the harddrive to the disc. The best part is that it will play perfectly in the PS3 ( V 1.60 ) with all the menus working just like the original disc. I have tried this with single layer BD-RE, and BD-RE DL, they both work. As a matter of fact I ripped Superman Returns, that is well over the 25GB single layer BE-RE size, and by just removing some of the special feature files I was able to get it on a single layer BD-RE and it also played of the PS3. Try it, it works !!!

Sorry for the typo.

I am running:

Pent 4, 3.6 HT
2gb memory
256 video card

I tried using the drive externally with a 5.25 external enclosure but my computer would not recognize the drive so I had to install it internally. Unfortunate for me because my laptop has the same specs but it also has an HD screen but my desktop does not.

I have not tried burning HD-DVD to a Blu-Ray.

How do you remove the special features? Do you go into the file and delete them.

After you rip the files to your HDD, look in the stream folder at the m2ts files. The largest one will be the movie, the rest will be all the special features, etc.. Yes simply remove the largest special feature, deleted scenes etc files. DONT REMOVE anything that has to do with the menu design or menus graphics on the menu page, this is the page that allows you to select scenes etc. It needs this info to play the disc . Remove just enought to fit on a BD-RE 25gb.

Have you tried burning BDs to an external HHD and then plugging that into the PS3?

No I have not tried this yet. I will give it a try and let you know.

Apparently once you have Linux on your PS3 you create folders stored on your exterior hard drive with names in uppercase:

PS3 / MOVIES / STARWARS

So the PS3 1.60 update plays burned BD-R(E) media?

Im using the 1.50 firmware, i do not want to update because paradox has said that the security bug is fixed in 1.51 that allows boot backups.

I sucks, i need both :(

Back