Burning AVI files with CloneDVD?

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Ron Hazelton, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Ron Hazelton

Ron Hazelton New Member

Hello
    Is there a way to burn a DVD from an AVI file with CloneDVD? I am pretty new to computers and burning. I have the latest updates of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I have made back ups with AnyDVD and Nero 7. I have used the Nero Vision part of Nero 7 to make copies of AVI files I downloaded, but I am unhappy with the quality, plus it takes forever. Can you burn an AVI file with CloneDVD? Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

3. Ron Hazelton

Ron Hazelton New Member

Thanks for the reply. Any help is appreciated. I looked on that thread but saw no answers. The files I have are just AVI files I downloaded to my hard drive, they are not on a disk. There is probably an easy solution, I just don't know what it is. I would like to burn them to a disk and watch in my DVD player. Maybe CloneDVD is the wrong program.

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Any program that can write files to a DVD would work.

5. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

you can convert your AVI files to dvd format so you can then use clonedvd to burn them

try out winavi for this

6. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Avi

It really depends on what you are wanting to do. If you are just wanting to copy the files on a DVD, even Windows Explorer can do that. If you are wanting to put them on a DVD, join, menu or in some way manipulate them and have them play like a DVD, you need other software that was mentioned in the other thread. Here is a thread in another forum on the subject. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007