• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burned dvds drop audio in stand alone player

Indyrod

I can't figure this out. I have a ripped copy of "Blood Simple" on HD, and when I burn it to a blank dvd-r, using two different brands of blanks, and different drives, the audio drops out and in when played on a stand alone player. this happens on both my stand alone dvd player, and my girlfriends too. When played using two different PC dvd-rom drives, the burned copy plays with no problem. I don't know what to do, that the HD compressed copy plays fine on PC drives, but not on stand alone players. I'm thinking for some reason, I need to rip the dvd again, and maybe that might correct the problem, but then again, I don't understand why the burned discs have that problem with different stand alone players. this doesn't happen every time, when I burn movies to blank discs, but sometimes it does. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Define 'audio drops out', do you still hear it but there are sync issues or does our stop completely and you see a message on the TV.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

there's no sync error, the audio just drops out and in, and there is no message at all. the video is fine, it's just the audio is distracting because of the drops in and out. it doesn't stop at all.

Sounds like a cheap crappy brand of blanks, what are you using?

I used one Memorex and one Verbatim, they both had the same problem. I did a search and found many many posts with people having the same problem, not so much just the audio dropping out and in, but wouldn't play at all in standalone players. I guess it's a hit and miss problem, and I don't think ripping the original again would probably make any difference. I only do this for my lady, and it does happen on some burns.

Well drop the Memorex completely, that's about the worst brand there is. So it's no surprise there are issues with it. Verbatim though is one of the best, it should play on everything

Last edited:
The reason might be poor support from both yours and your girlfriends players of burnable media. Try to investigate if it so happens, that the manufacturer of both your players might have released new firmwares for them.
I have also run in to players in the past, who turned out to have a poor support for burnable media, but where a firmware upgrade fixed the playback problems.

I have used Verbatim for ages, both DVD-R, DVD+R DL and BD-R and never had any problems with the discs, not even a single coaster.
But there ARE fake Verbatims out there, and they are so good faked, that not even the stores can tell fake from original, thats what i honestly think you have encountered Indyrod, since you had all these coasters: Fake Verbatim discs.

thanks for the info, I found some of my problems, were not even the blank discs, but the rip I had made on a couple of dvds, had audio problems when burned and played on a standalone. I just ripped them again, burned them again, and the problem was gone. I just bought a 100 disc spindle of Verbatim DVD-R discs from Office Max, so I don't think they would have much of a chance of being fake. Although I did buy some from Amazon once, and they were terrible. I've got a bunch of dvd-r discs now, because I thought the Memorex 50 pack I bought were bad, and Best Buy wouldn't take them back, so I went to Office Max, and bought the Verbatim 100 spindle. I've been burning the Verbatim discs, and not had any problem. I don't know, the Memorex discs have worked for me pretty good, not too awfully many coasters, but then again, I burned an audio disc yesterday that wouldn't play right in a certain spot. burned it again on a TDK disc, and no problem. kind of a hit and miss with blanks I guess.

I don't have a clue how you would apply firmware updates to a standalone player, it's not connected to the internet or anything, just a player.

Back