• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burn Time?

Skunkrocker66

What should the average burn time be on an average movie?
The reason I ask is because when I use NERO, I can get one done in about a half an hour and that's everything. Since I have Clone DVD2 now I have seen the 45 min just to compile the files and around 30-45 min just to burn. This just doesn't seem normal to me. Any ideas?

really need more info

But it takes me about 30 to 40 mins for a disc.:confused:

for me to burn a dvd (normally a 4.7GB disc) is about 12-15 mins.
and that was when i selected x2 speed (but from now on after a recent post i made,i'll be selecting half the rated disc speed.haven't done one yet,but the burn speed should be considerably less than what i stated).
i use external USB2 freecom multi format burner.

Last edited:
While not everything here may apply, it's not a bad idea to go through this list:

a) Is DMA enabled for your drives in
i) Windows XP?
ii) Windows Vista?
iii) general?

b) Is the original source disc bad? If so, the reading process will take longer.
Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

c) Did you select an appropriate burn speed in Clonedvd? Obviously 4x is going to take longer than 12x.

d) Try another cable on the back of your burner (try an 80 wire cable if you have an ide burner). Maybe your existing cable has gone bad.

e) Try defragmenting your hard drive.

f) Ensure speed control is unchecked in Anydvd (or at least, ensure "Slow and Quiet" is not enabled).

g) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=63749&postcount=12 to see what TBPirate did to resolve his problem.

Using AnyDVD and CloneCD it usually takes me about 20-25 min to burn a +DL disk at 6X

Back