• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burn speed?

scurbiedog

My coputer is a 2001 and has only two 256 memory sticks so I know its slow. My sister stayed with us for a while and hers would back up a dvd in about 20minutes, mine takes about 52 minutes. I'm useing an external HP burner thats new. I've tried shutting down programs not needed to free up memory but the back ups I'm making are skipping and have the digital blocking problem.
Could it be my burn speed? Its set to max. I'm useing Sony dvd-r discs 120min, 4.7GB.

Slow it down. Also try to upgrade your memory to at least a gig. I burn at 4x and have no probs, but my machine is four years newer than yours. Slower is better for recording quality.

My coputer is a 2001 and has only two 256 memory sticks so I know its slow. My sister stayed with us for a while and hers would back up a dvd in about 20minutes, mine takes about 52 minutes. I'm using an external HP burner thats new. I've tried shutting down programs not needed to free up memory but the back ups I'm making are skipping and have the digital blocking problem.
Could it be my burn speed? Its set to max. I'm using Sony dvd-r discs 120min, 4.7GB.

Try at 8x or then even 4x
Yes , Slowing the Burn speed will ease up on the 'demand'
It may actually 'speed' things up

A slower Burn speed should also eliminate the 'skipping'

Are your sure that you're using a USB2 port and a USB2 connector ?
USB 2.0, Hi Speed USB FAQ

:)

My coputer is a 2001 and has only two 256 memory sticks so I know its slow. My sister stayed with us for a while and hers would back up a dvd in about 20minutes, mine takes about 52 minutes. I'm useing an external HP burner thats new. I've tried shutting down programs not needed to free up memory but the back ups I'm making are skipping and have the digital blocking problem.
Could it be my burn speed? Its set to max. I'm useing Sony dvd-r discs 120min, 4.7GB.

It could be the external (USB, I assume?) burner that takes its time due to limit in data throughput (USB 1.1 or 2.0 on the burner and your PC). Also just because you max out the writing speed, it does not mean that the media supports it! :)

I'm useing 2.0 usb. I installed a 5 port hub into the computer earlier. Thanks I'll try to slow the speed and see if it helps. IVANX, what did you mean about meaddia support?

I'm useing 2.0 usb. I installed a 5 port hub into the computer earlier. Thanks I'll try to slow the speed and see if it helps. IVANX, what did you mean about meaddia support?

I meant that it is no good maxing the burning speed out at x16 if the media only supports writing at x8 or x4. Might want to check what it says on the disc :agree:

Do you mean where it says "4.7gb" on the disc? Is that the correct speed information should be placed on the dvd?

Never mind ,I'm an idiot sometimes 4.7gb is how much the disc holds. What were you talking about look at the disc?

Never mind ,I'm an idiot sometimes 4.7gb is how much the disc holds. What were you talking about look at the disc?

The speed that it supports. Usually, it is given as a range of figures. For example, the media I use gives it "1-16x". Look for similar on yours :)

Back