• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burn movie to disk

Mike O

I am trying to burn a blu ray disk. I select complete copy and select 50gb disk. Instead of burning the movie to disk, the program burns a folder structure to the blank disk. I made sure blu ray disk was selected. Any ideas on why it is not burning the movie to the disk? I have attached a log file.

Mike

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.4.0.Mission_Impossible_5.cbdlog
    861.1 KB · Views: 2
Completely copy does a 1:1 copy of the original disc file structure. Perfectly normal. What exactly is your intended output and playback device'?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Completely copy does a 1:1 copy of the original disc file structure. Perfectly normal. What exactly is your intended output and playback device'?

I want to output the movie to a double layer blu ray disk. I just can't figure out why the disk option keeps outputting just the folders when I select disk. The playback is my blu ray player from Sony.

Last edited:
What more do you expect it to do? A disc is nothing but a folder structure containing various video and additional files. There's no way clonebd would output empty folders. What brand of blanks are you using? Can you post an image of your selection screen BEFORE you hit 'convert'?

I want to output the movie to a double layer blu ray disk. I just can't figure out why the disk option keeps outputting just the folders when I select disk.
What more do you expect it to do? A disc is nothing but a folder structure containing various video and additional files. There's no way clonebd would output empty folders. What brand of blanks are you using? Can you post an image of your selection screen BEFORE you hit 'convert'?

On the opening screen of clonebd the middle icon is a list of folders. That is what is being burned to the disk. The folders are not empty, they have files in them, but when I put the disk in my blu ray player it won't play. I do the following:
Insert the disk to be copied.
Click on the movie.
Click select disk folder or ISO button.
Click complete copy.
The next screen is attached. Phase A is create folder structure, Phase B is burn structure to disk. Should it burn the folder structure or convert the movie to play in a blu ray player? It is burning the structure so when I look at the contents of the disk it is folders and files, but it won't play. I ended up making an ISO file and then burning that and it worked okay. What I want to do is insert the disk, make a copy and be able to play the copy in a player. That doesn't seem to be working that way. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 26
Seems to me your player doesn't like the brand of blanks you're using. The cloning itself you're doing right.

Seems to me your player doesn't like the brand of blanks you're using. The cloning itself you're doing right.
I am using RiData and they work all the time except for this. I did get it to burn correctly but had to create an ISO first, then burn to disk. That worked fine. I was just trying to skip the ISO step.

That's likely your problem. RiTek and RiData are about as cheap as you can go, and are a well known crappy blanks brand. From CD's, DVD's and BD's alike. Even sony's discs are better. Order yourself some "Verbatim Datalifeplus" ones, and the problem should just about vanish entirely. Do NOT pick up the "life series" from a local brick and mortar store. That's verbatim branded, but CMC (crap) outsourced produced stuff. The good stuff (datalifeplus) you can only get online. They're not cheap, but it's just about the best you can get.

It's the ONLY brand i use for all my blank media types, not a single burn / playback problem in any of my 3 drives, different computers or standalone players. Anywhere, ever.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=verbatim+bd-r+dl+datalifeplus

Yes, always to create a disk that will play on a stand alone player it has to be from an ISO image. I don't think you can skip this step.

No it doesn't. An ISO image is just file container, all it holds is the same file structure as what's burned directly to disc. You can skip that just fine

When you tell CloneBD to burn a disc, it will process your source and create folders in a temporary directory then burn those folders to disc. Automatically.

...On the opening screen of clonebd the middle icon is a list of folders...

Mike O everything looks like it's setup right from your CloneBD screen.

One question though, what exactly is your source? A Blu-Ray disc, an .iso, a Blu-Ray folder?

'Cause you mention a CloneBD icon that's a list of folders on the opening screen and that icon is used if your source is a Blu-Ray folder, not a Blu-Ray disc...

For the disc you pick the icon with the drive letter where your disc is.

T

Last edited:
I too had the same issue, but now it's worse. After successfully burning a disc, the Sony player starts and turns off the power. If you restart, it eventually turns the player off again. On the computer, all files are there, but VLC media player only shows the file.

Several years ago, I had the original CloneBD and it worked fine. What happened??!!

Back