• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bug with Vista 32bit RTM UAC & AnyDVD, CloneCD Autostart

d.chatten

The problem is if i intsall AnyDVD with UAC enabled all seems fine, but, as soon as i install CloneCD, Autostart doesn't work anymore with AnyDVD or CloneCD, so none of them will start automatically with Windows Vista 32bit RTM (no icons in system tray).

If i turn UAC off, Autostart for AnyDVD and CloneCD works fine (icons now in syatem tray), but as said above, as soon as i enable UAC, AnyDVD and CloneCD fail to start with Windows.

I have tested this with AnyDVD versions 6.1.0.1 to 6.1.1.3 and CloneCD from versions 5.2.9.1 to 5.3.0.1 and both AnyDVD and CloneCD fail to start with Windows Vista 32bit RTM as soon as CloneCD is installed.

The problem is if i intsall AnyDVD with UAC enabled all seems fine, but, as soon as i install CloneCD, Autostart doesn't work anymore with AnyDVD or CloneCD, so none of them will start automatically with Windows Vista 32bit RTM (no icons in system tray).

If i turn UAC off, Autostart for AnyDVD and CloneCD works fine (icons now in syatem tray), but as said above, as soon as i enable UAC, AnyDVD and CloneCD fail to start with Windows.

I have tested this with AnyDVD versions 6.1.0.1 to 6.1.1.3 and CloneCD from versions 5.2.9.1 to 5.3.0.1 and both AnyDVD and CloneCD fail to start with Windows Vista 32bit RTM as soon as CloneCD is installed.
This is weird. I'll look into it.

This is weird. I'll look into it.
Thanks James for the quick response, also, congratulations on the new forum, great job, i will also look forward to a fix being found for this issue, and again, thanks.

Last edited:
Vista

Any word on Anydvd and Clone DVD compatibility issues.

Thanks

Vista RTM and Slysoft apps working great

I've been using all of the Slysoft apps w/ Vista Ultimate RTM since December - with UAC enabled - no issues.

Was your Vista install an upgrade from XP or a clean install? It shouldn't make a difference.

Mine was a clean install.

AnyDVD will not Autostart with Vista Ultimate?

I've just bought a new Dell Laptop with Vista Ultimate 32bit.
One of the first things I did was load AnyDVD ver 6.1.1.4 which worked ok. (Trial version)

After I reboot AnyDVD will not start automatically. :confused:

I have checked all the settings and all seems correct

My question is "Why is this? and how can I fix this"

Thanks

Mark

Its the new protection in vista go into the user accounts and disable the option that says something about protection. What it does is asks you 2-4x are you sure you want to install this program. Some programs won't even install with that option enabled. that might fix your problem.

good luck

I've been using all of the Slysoft apps w/ Vista Ultimate RTM since December - with UAC enabled - no issues.

Was your Vista install an upgrade from XP or a clean install? It shouldn't make a difference.

Mine was a clean install.
Vista was a fresh install, i hate the upgrade route, i have two machines with fresh installs of Vista RTM and both have all SlySoft products installed, this issue apears on both machines when UAC is enabled.

I can't repro this on my machine (Vista Ultimate 32bit with UAC enabled). AnyDVD autostarts just fine. CloneDVD does not, nor is it meant to, AFAIK.

The only thing that might be of note is that when I installed both apps, I right-clicked on the installer .exe and chose "Run As Administrator". You might find that makes a difference, or maybe not since both apps are supposed to be Vista-compatible.

If you check your startup items in msconfig, is AnyDVD checked? if not, checking it should fix your problem. (type 'msconfig' in the start search box to find it). Another thing to look at if you manually start AnyDVD and then right-click its icon in the systray, is Autostart checked?

msconfig-anydvd.jpg

In my original post i never mentioned CloneDVD, it was CloneCD, so is it possible you could install CloneCD and see if you get this issue, it would be a great help, aslo i did run all .exe files as admin.

Well i've been doing a bit more testing and i'm not shure if this is a SlySoft issue or a Vista issue, but it does seem to point to a Vista issue.

1) With UAC enabled AnyDVD's autostart works as it should untill CloneDVD, CloneCD or Virtual Clone Drive gets installed, this only happens if you login as soon as the login screen apears without waiting for the HDD activity to die down, but, when you get to the login screen and then leave the HDD activity do die down before you login, autostart works ok.

2) If you remove your Windows account password with UAC enabled AnyDVD's autostart works as it should untill CloneDVD, CloneCD or Virtual Clone Drive gets installed, the only way to get autostart to work for AnyDVD is to uninstall all other SlySoft products or disable UAC.

3) When UAC is disabled autostart works 100% of the time weather you remove your Windows account password or not, you also don't need to wait for the HDD activity to die down at the Windows login screen before you login.

Could someone please confirm this for me please as it does seem like a Vista issue rarther than a Slysoft issue and it may stop people complaining to SlySoft about this problem, i could also be wrong, and this could very well be an issue with SlySoft products.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back