• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Bug] [Solved] Crash after bumping rate limit 1.1.1.0

BuddyFunJet

Previously reported problem still in the new version.

After bumping rate limit, AS 1.1.1.0 crashes out after error messages are cleared.

Dump reports attached for Amazon and Netflix.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.1.0_Dump_20210414115038.astdmp
    957.4 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyStream_1.1.1.0_Dump_20210414111431.astdmp
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Previously reported problem still in the new version.

After bumping rate limit, AS 1.1.1.0 crashes out after error messages are cleared.

Dump reports attached for Amazon and Netflix.
Thanks for the log files, I am sure the developers will look into the issue.

Similar just happened here, but the program died without a coredump at all...

I'm running at 1x speed as have been previously. No changes at all except for the new "upgrade".

Has 1.1.1.0 undergone testing? With default settings the previous version never had issue, and now after allowing the update, this version instantly and continually freezes/locks-up trying to change tabs and interact with the interface. This is noticeable within the first 30 seconds of using the application and attempting multiple tabs. Please FIX. Tx

We need logs. Also, if I understand it correctly, you are experiencing problems with things that have not been modified for quite a few versions. So, yes, we need logs in order to be able to help.

Last edited:
What I described did not indicate a crash or log output. Consistently the app will simply freeze requiring task manager to kill. I'm not aware of any log output under that scenerio...?

That said, now after sitting idle for hours and coming back to the app it did give producer a "proper crash" and result in the attached. Again, these problems are CONSISTANT and IMMEDIATE when trying to use the interface. Hard to imagine they are difficult to reproduce...

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.1.0_Dump_20210414230049.astdmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
I'm not aware of any log output under that scenerio...?
Simply open task manager, right-click on AnyStream and create a dump file in that situation.
That would help tremendously.

Again, these problems are CONSISTANT and IMMEDIATE when trying to use the interface. Hard to imagine they are difficult to reproduce...
Well, that would be great, were it really so, but I've been trying, clicking and interacting and can't reproduce it.
So maybe your interactions are in some way special?
Can you describe as precisely as possible, what you do to cause such a freeze?

Sure - while using the product, I saw the notification regarding an upgrade. Proceeded through the upgrade. Reopened the app. The app appeared function on Disney+, initiated a download (still all seemed normal). Once that download was engaged, I clicked the Amazon Prime tab; however, the app froze for 20-40 secs, eventually bringing me to the Amazon page. But once loaded, the interface still started freezing during navigation/search attempts to bring up the desired movie. Eventually between freezes and successes the top boarder of the app indicated "Not Responding". I opened Task Manager and it took multiple "end" operations to actually close the app. I did notice that when Task Manager did remove AnyStream from the Apps list, it populated into the Background Processes list where I performed more End Tasks on it there to completely close the app. After rebooting and reloading the app, I was still seeing freezes and kinda learned it's better to click on all tabs to let them load first before instigating a download on any one of them. Seems loading a tab while another is download exacerbates the issue. Today, I am having better luck - could this be a service issue? I can vouch that my internet connection would not be a factor as other devices and web connections are completed normal during these issues.

Back