• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature Request - Forced Narrative Subtitles not Available with Multiple Episodes on Prime

VideoCollector

I don't know whether to consider this a bug or simply a limitation of AnyStream.

When downloading multiple episodes at once from Prime, the Forced Narrative subtitles are not listed as a downloadable option. In order to download the forced narrative subtitles, the episodes need to be downloaded individually.

NOTE: In the case of this show, not every episode has Forced Narrative subtitle track. I'm not certain what the behavior would be if every episode had this option.

Example: Bosch: Legacy

Tested with AnyStream 1.3.5.2

I don't know whether to consider this a bug or simply a limitation of AnyStream.

When downloading multiple episodes at once from Prime, the Forced Narrative subtitles are not listed as a downloadable option. In order to download the forced narrative subtitles, the episodes need to be downloaded individually.

NOTE: In the case of this show, not every episode has Forced Narrative subtitle track. I'm not certain what the behavior would be if every episode had this option.

Example: Bosch: Legacy

Tested with AnyStream 1.3.5.2
It's a .srt file, you can add it or you don't have to add it if you do not want it.

Thanks for the response. I am very well aware that I could add it, I'm simply saying that it would be nice if AnyStream properly handled this on it's own without creating extra work for me that could be avoided. Besides, I have mixed results with downloaded .set files. Some are not as high a quality as others. What a pain in the backside to have to quality check each and every one.

downloaded .set files.
.srt file, if you have any issues, don't use them. .srt files have been around for a very long time, and they use languages, it's not a picture, quality is not a factor. The languages are all properly translated. ;)

idc, well put. My apologies if my attempt to explain the issue were not as clear.

I have the same problem, it works when the first has forced sub but it's missing for all if the first doesn't have.
Do you have any tips to know which episode has forced sub to redownload it manually ?

Do you have any tips to know
That would require to check each episode manually.

but it's missing for all if the first doesn't have
I haven't checked for that yet, will be hard to go through everything again to look for some subs but atm I don't watch these things anyway since I have other stuff to to.
In other words I want to say that I don't know if I am affected by this as well or not.

Last edited:
Now I download manually until I have an episode with forced subs, then I download all the season from this episode and it works.
I notice that on the witcher season 2, the first episode has no english forced sub and the 2nd have.
Maybe a checkbox with "English(all)" in case of queue could be a good solution, the software will download all English subs that will find.

Maybe a checkbox with "English(all)" in case of queue could be a good solution, the software will download all English subs that will find.
That is a good idea, I always download all subs, even though I don't need the CCs at all. I only need the forced subs.

@RedFox 1 Can you pass this to the devs?
Ask them if they can implement that AS always downloads all subs for one language, even if one option is not there in the first episode. Also ask them if they can implement a check that subs don't get overwritten, it already happend in the past several times.
If you download a episode manually, you know that there are four subs. When you then check the folder and there are only three files, you know something is wrong. However, using batch you never see the dialog for the other episodes. So can they change it's behaviour to add (1) to the filename if the file already exists instead of just overwriting it?

As I said I would've to check all of my downloads since batch so see if that actually even happend to me, but it sounds like a good idea and could get this error out of the way.

That is a good idea, I always download all subs, even though I don't need the CCs at all. I only need the forced subs.

@RedFox 1 Can you pass this to the devs?
Ask them if they can implement that AS always downloads all subs for one language, even if one option is not there in the first episode. Also ask them if they can implement a check that subs don't get overwritten, it already happend in the past several times.
If you download a episode manually, you know that there are four subs. When you then check the folder and there are only three files, you know something is wrong. However, using batch you never see the dialog for the other episodes. So can they change it's behaviour to add (1) to the filename if the file already exists instead of just overwriting it?

As I said I would've to check all of my downloads since batch so see if that actually even happend to me, but it sounds like a good idea and could get this error out of the way.
Hi Deepspace
That would be nice to have but right now we are working on something way more important as you will see very soon. Its taking up all of our time and then some. But I will put in my list of things to look into. Thank you Deepspace.

Now I download manually until I have an episode with forced subs, then I download all the season from this episode and it works.
I notice that on the witcher season 2, the first episode has no english forced sub and the 2nd have.
I've noticed similar - being a frequent user of forced subs, in multiple languages. In episodic series, it's very easy to miss a forced sub if just relying on the auto queuing function. But it's much better than no queue at all! (y)

But it's much better than no queue at all! (y)

Sure, the queue is very useful and I can't do without it. It's just to improve it.

Another solution could be to show for each episode the little window to validate language and resolution, this should be set to "check each episode or not" at the beginning. It will be faster than reclick multiple times and scroll to find the next episode.

There is a way to not close the season window when we download an episode ?
It will avoid to reclick on the title, the season and scroll down to find the next episode.

My sort of work around has been to start doing ep by ep until I hit an episode that has forced English subs. When I hit one, I back out then check that one and all following episodes for that season. AS will then download any other forced subs for that season. but manually adding some seasons with 22 ep each gets a little tedious, fortunately for me, this really just a netflix problem.

It would be nice if AS could reanalyze for forced subs just prior to actually downloading.

My sort of work around has been to start doing ep by ep until I hit an episode that has forced English subs. When I hit one, I back out then check that one and all following episodes for that season. AS will then download any other forced subs for that season. but manually adding some seasons with 22 ep each gets a little tedious, fortunately for me, this really just a netflix problem.

It would be nice if AS could reanalyze for forced subs just prior to actually downloading.
That would be a great thing to have but it would require a lot of work, so maybe down the line will have that in our plans, but I have to discuss it with the developers, and I can’t promise anything. It’s not a bug though. You can add them manually. I have discussed this before, so I wouldn't say it will happen soon.

Back