• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bug: AS 1.2.6.0 subtitle selections display improperly

DeepSpace

I noticed two errors with subtitles on D+.

First:
The cc tag is missing, and therefore, if there are two subtitles for one language, one will get overwritten/ not saved. (instead of movie.de.srt and movie.de.cc.srt I only got movie.de.srt.)
This is the Black Widow logfile.

Only if the second one also is a forced subtitle (like you will see in the D+ cc missing logfile), both are saved (instead of movie.en.cc.forced.srt and movie.en.cc.srt I now have movie.en.srt and movie.en.forced.srt).

AS shows it correctly, so only the output filename is wrong.

Second:
Inside the downloadables Dialog there is a language string missing.
First noticed it at Captain America 1. It only shows (erzwungen).
Out of curiosity I tried what would happen and it got saved as movie.cmn.forced.
According on whats inside, how it looks like in the log and on the google search I just did to confirm it, it appears to be Mandarin.
After that, on Marvel What if, I got two options without any language. Again i tried it and in addition to cmn I also got ep1.cmn-TW.forced.srt.

I just tried it again for What if and it is still there: (1.2.4.4)
07:29:48.559 - [Debug] [playlist:disney] Language pair: cmn - (erzwungen) (f:1 d:0)
07:29:48.559 - [Debug] [playlist:disney] Language pair: cmn-TW - (erzwungen) (f:1 d:0)
2021-11-17_170720.png

Edit:
As you can see as well inside the Black Widow log, there was a small error.

Downloading a movie on D+, nothing happend at 42%, so I let AS show me the log after a while and saw this:
01:07:46.420 - [Debug] [Pump:video:disney] Unexpected response code: 202
01:07:46.420 - [Error] [Pump:video:disney] Got an empty fragment from server

I assume that either AS should retry it but hasn’t or that it should abort the dl with an error message, that did not happen too.
However, after I canceled the download and retried it, it never happend again.
Nevertheless, it should not happen and AS should continue.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.4.4 What if cmn TW retry.astlog
    165.9 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.2.4.4 D+ cc missing.astlog
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2021-11-17_171217.png
    2021-11-17_171217.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyStream_1.2.4.1 Black Widow Subtitle cc.astlog
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Saving subtitles as SRT file.
In D+, select first episode of Bad Batch to download.
In the Subtitles section, note the first item is " (forced)". The last item is two Chinese characters and " (forced)".
Select the first item and it downloads "The Bad Batch S01E01.cmn-TW.forced".

It looks like the Taiwanese subtitle name doesn't appear properly in the selection list. This also happens in 1.2.5.0.

As you can also see in this thread, it is still the case.
I know it was not in the changelog, but also I've got no answer so it would be nice to get an update about it.
Attached logfile from 1.2.6.0 with a series having a cmn-TW subtitle shown as (forced) also the en subtitle is shown as en [cc] but only saved as en.srt., just like above.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.6.0 D+ cc und cmn.astlog
    275.7 KB · Views: 0
I merged the two threads with identical topic, so this doesn't get confusing.

The "cmn" thing is not so much an AnyStream bug, but rather one on Disneys page.
The language codes are supposed to be ISO 639-1 two-letter codes, but cmn is ISO 639-3 three-letter code. They may have been using it on purpose to denote the dialect.
So AnyStream doesn't know what to make of "cmn-TW".

The correct code should be "zh-Hant" as far as I can tell.
We can work around this.

Back