• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[BUG] 1.7.2.0/1: Divx created cannot be read

pr2

Hello,

I start this morning to convert one per one the TV Series Earl with cloneDVD mobile, everything was running fine then I was prompt to update.

I update to the latest version and continue my conversion... unfortunatelly the DivX generated with this version 1.7.2.0/1 cannot be played back on my PC, nor on my Azbox HD (STB + Mediaplayer).

So I am really disappointed because I spent the whole to convert my TV series and it doesn't work.

All the episode that I convert with the old version were playing fine, not the one created with this very last version.

My PC refuse to play them back complaining about a not installed codec and the Azbox show the very first image and start play the sound and immediately stop.

So the process is indeed really faster with this version but the generated files are not usable.

i guess that the header is wrong, here is the result with mediainfo with the newly created files.

General
Complete name : C:\CloneDVD\MY_NAME_IS_EARL_SEASON1_DISC4_1.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 360 MiB

I have much more information in a working file created with the old version.

Sample with a working file created with the old version (MediaInfo gives me much more informations):

General
Complete name : Z:\_Series\My Name is Earl\Saison 1\Disc 1\001 - Pilote.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 417 MiB
Duration : 23mn 52s
Overall bit rate : 2 440 Kbps
Movie name : MY_NAME_IS_EARL_SEASON1_DISC1
Writing application : Lavf52.34.0

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Simple@L3
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Codec ID : DIVX
Codec ID/Info : Project Mayo
Codec ID/Hint : DivX 4
Duration : 23mn 51s
Bit rate : 2 300 Kbps
Width : 852 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.225
Stream size : 393 MiB (94%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.0.dev47 (UTC 2006-11-01)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Mode extension : MS Stereo
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Duration : 23mn 52s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 21.9 MiB (5%)
Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.60 video frame)
Writing library : LAME3.99 (alpha)

Pr2

Hello,

I start this morning to convert one per one the TV Series Earl with cloneDVD mobile, everything was running fine then I was prompt to update.

I update to the latest version and continue my conversion... unfortunatelly the DivX generated with this version 1.7.2.0/1 cannot be played back on my PC, nor on my Azbox HD (STB + Mediaplayer).

So I am really disappointed because I spent the whole to convert my TV series and it doesn't work.

You didn't state what "the old version" of CloneDVD mobile was, so I can't address that.
All I can say is that there was no change concerning DivX for quite some time, now.

I just checked DivX - also with "My Name is Earl".
Zero problems here.
Works on Archos as well.

Same error

I get the same error - file not readable with the latest version (1.7.2.1).

As standard I always output to divX, max resolution and I do 3 passes.

I installed on my other machine and tried it out and it worked on that machine. I went back to my normal machine and tried with only 1 pass. The file worked fine.

I am currently trying it on 2 passes, if that does not work then for the time being I will stick to 1 pass.

For me though the file cannot even be read, no thumbnail appears (if viewing the folder in such a manner) and windows/vlc both say there is an error with the file.

EDIT: 2 passes did not work. The DVDs the new version which did not work (on multiple passes) are 300, A History Of Violence and The Abyss

Last edited:
Same on here - since I updated to 1.7.2.1, I can not create playable divx files anymore.
I choose Generic divx in 640x480 with deinterlace and 2-pass encoding to convert some old dvd series episodes. The resulting file is not playable with my players (vlc, wdlive) and freezes after few seconds.

This worked fine with the last version 1.7.1.0 but not anymore with the new version. So I downgraded and all works again.

I don't have any divx codec installed and not planning to install one. I use vlc player (1.1.8) and also some standalone players which also are not really updatable easily.

Back