• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Buffered I/O - what is it?

dvd_baqup

"Buffered I/O"

Can someone please tell me what this is and why I might want to enable or disable it? Currently it is DISABLED but I wonder if I would be better off ENABLING it. I am running Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1. VCD 5.3.1.2

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm actually

1.) Please use VCD 5.4.0.5
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18634

2.) Buffered I/O = use filesystem buffers when reading the image file.
I suggest leaving it off.

Using that release candidate, as the current released version is crashing the system when I mount some Blu-Ray ISO's. :-(

I'd be curious to know, what was changed between the current release and this release candidate that stopped it from crashing on some Blu-Ray ISO's... i.e. what was the technical reason?

- Tim

Using that release candidate, as the current released version is crashing the system when I mount some Blu-Ray ISO's. :-(

I'd be curious to know, what was changed between the current release and this release candidate that stopped it from crashing on some Blu-Ray ISO's... i.e. what was the technical reason?

- Tim

The release candidate is completely rewritten.

- Tim

I have vista ultimate 64 and it works great.

2.) Buffered I/O = use filesystem buffers when reading the image file.
I suggest leaving it off.
Why? What is this option for? I still don't have an answer. Anybody care to answer the original question, two years after it was asked?

Back