BSOD with Windows 10 Threshold 2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Haggis, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Haggis

Haggis Member

This I upgraded to Threshold 2, I am getting every hour or so a "Critical Structure Corruption" BSOD with the anydvd & elbycd sys drivers showing up in the minidump along with others. After a long process of elimination, and getting rid of out of date / non Microsoft drivers I was still getting the BSOD.

Disabling AnydvdHD didn't make any differences, so I finally went and uninstalled it. So far it has been about 5 hours without the BSOD reoccurring, so it does appear to be AnyDVD related (which ran fine with the initial Windows 10 RTM)

The anydvd,sys also fails Microsoft driver verification tests (i.e. on a admin cmd prompt, use command "verifier" and test)

2. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Not getting any problems with AnyDVD here and Win 10 Pro 1511

3. Haggis

Haggis Member

Since uninstalling AnydvdHD, the system has not had any BSODs. I will wait a few more days and then I will reinstall it to see if it comes back.

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Did you try updating hardware drivers for the motherboard to the latest from the manufacture as the ones built into Windows can make it slower and unstable when interacting with other devices.

5. Haggis

Haggis Member

Yes, I went through every non-Microsoft driver and either removed them if no longer required, or updated them wherever I could.

6. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

I'm experiencing the same problem, so it's not just Haggis...

I've done all the sfc and DISM stuff to repair any corrupt system files and nothing comes up, all drivers up to date.

I know that Microsoft changed the way that memory compression worked in Threshold 2, there's no way to disable that specific change but I wonder if that could be related.

7. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

Oh, also I should note that this occurs even though I've swapped the CPU, the RAM, the GPU, the sound card, the NIC... like, definitely not hardware related.

System specs right now (just in case there are any similarities):

AMD A10-5800K (GPU integrated, also tested with a Radeon 6K card, same problems)
    6GB of RAM
    Windows 10 x64 Threshold 2

I play blurays with arcsoft tmt 6.7.1.199, and there were no problems before installing Threshold 2. Uninstalling AnyDVD stops the crashing from happening.

Currently running AnyDVD 7.6.5.0.

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Please post an AnyDVD logfile (with a disc in the drive). Thank you.

9. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

Log file attached.

I can provide minidumps of the BSOD too if it would help?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  10. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

Edit:

Just had the same BSOD with a DVD playing, just took a lot longer to happen apparently.

Original:

Did a bit more testing - can definitely confirm it doesn't crash (for me) with DVDs, just bluray, if that helps... Log w/ DVD in drive attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  11. Pelvis Popcan

Pelvis Popcan Well-Known Member

Yes, it would.

12. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Can you try to disable "ArcCtrl.sys" and reboot? TMT6 will stop working, but you can test, if you still get any crashes.

13. Haggis

Haggis Member

Just as a note, I also have TMT6 with ArcCtrl.sys (dated 21/08/2013).

I have attached a minidump that occurred just prior to me uninstalling anydvdHD.

Attached Files:

14. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

I've attatched a minidump I just got in testing but this may not be an AnyDVD issue...

Edit: sigh, ignore below, had the same crash with my onboard sound.

<unfounded hopefulness>

I spent pretty much all of yesterday troubleshooting this with Microsoft. It looks like there's a driver used by my SoundBlaster card, t3.sys (dated 2012-10-12), that crashes on boot with Driver Verifier. I had the card pulled, and all was fine until just now when I put the card back in (my onboard audio is just... awful, so I was HOPING...)

Anyway, I'm going to do some further testing as soon as I excise the creative drivers from my system.

My sound card for reference was a Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI-Express, but I'd imagine there are other, Creative cards that use the same kernel-mode driver.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  15. Haggis

Haggis Member

I removed ArcSoft TMT + the arcCtl.sys driver (I needed to do this manually as uninstalling TMT left it in place) and then installed anydvd. After about 6 hours now, I haven't had a BSOD yet, so I hope this is the problem. I will update this thread if anything goes wrong.

Edit

18 hours now without a crash.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  16. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

I've also removed ArcSoft TMT, I've moved to PowerDVD 15, I'll start up a movie before I go to sleep, and I'll see if the system survives til the morning.

Edit: 5-ish hours without a crash so far.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  17. FDisk

FDisk Member

Oh wow. I was going insane from those "Critical Structure Corruption" BSOD's.
    I was also using ArcSoft TMT with AnyDVD HD.

Alright, ArcSoft TMT uninstalled and driver removed manually. Any DVD HD reinstalled. Will try PowerDVD 15.
    Hope this solves it.

I see you guys did this a while ago. Did it solve the BSOD's for you?
    I also see there is a new version of AnyDVD HD 7.6.6.1 Beta, anything there that resolves the issue?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  18. kevinmenzel

kevinmenzel Member

So far I've been BSOD free since I dropped TMT... an annoying solution because I loved Arcsoft's product, but... oh well.

19. FDisk

FDisk Member

Thanks for the update. Yea, It's been almost 24 hours without BSOD for me to. So I think this was it.

Yea, TMT was nice. But they dropped the development and support. So it's a no brainer now. PDVD is the only thing out there that supports Full HD 3D Bluray playback and is still being updated. Unless there is something new out there that I don't know about.

20. FDisk

FDisk Member