• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BSOD - trying to run profile for The Settlers - known to work

Arup

Hi there :)

I am not having much luck getting GJ to make working profiles of my games :(

I tried 2 or 3 different games, including the one below, which is already on the list of profiles to create, so it must work :(

I have a Intel Core 2 Quad Core at 2.67GHZ and 8GB memory - running Vista Ultimate 64 Bit SP1.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Arup

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?

Visa Ultimate 64 Bit SP1

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

No Virtual Drives showing. - Have Alcohol 120 installed but not running, and 0 virtual drives set up when not running.

4. Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.)

Don't have any of these installed.

5. What protection does your game use? Don't know? Find out before posting about issues (and include that information)! Use Protection ID. It's a free program. Use ProtectionID and scan your HD directory where the game is installed (right click the icon on your toolbar, and select "scan files/folders"). Or just scan the main program .exe(s) that you find in the game directory on your hard drive. Provide the protection name and the version number.

There is an option to set up for this game from the menu when creating a new profile - it reads the disc and then crashes the whole system when you try to run the game from the profile - first BSOD was something like "Memory page fault in non paged area" or something like that - I have 8GB PC6400 DDR2 RAM installed.

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

The Setllers - Rise of an Empire

7. What is the version of the game?

8. Is it cd or dvd version?

DVD

9. What region or country is the original disc from?

USA

10. What cpu are you running?

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.67GHZ - Q6700

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader?

Blu Ray/DVD HD reader/ DVD Burner that came with the system ( HP Pavillion Elite m9260f )

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

AVG Internet Security 8.0

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

Profile seemed to create ok - got the BSOD on 1st run of the profile and system shut down with another BSOD on 2nd try - no process was mentioned on the 2nd failure.

14. a) In Game Jackal, go to "General Settings"-->check "enable Advanced Logging". Now try running your profile.

PC rebooted straight away without even a BSOD

b) Navigate to your Game Jackal folder (typically C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal where "c:" is your hard drive if you use Windows XP)
c) You will see a log file called "Summary.log". Rename this file to Summary.txt

Nothing in that file, but the following was in a file called "launcher.txt"

Game Jackal Launcher log file
Log date - 5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM

[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Launcher starting...
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Program - E:\Installed Games\The Settlers\base\bin\Settlers6.exe
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Parameters -
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Directory - E:\Installed Games\The Settlers\base\bin\
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Processor mask - 255
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] MaplomH -
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Debug - True
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Cmdline - "E:\Installed Games\The Settlers\base\bin\Settlers6.exe"
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Process will not be created in a suspended state.
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] MaplomH.dll/MaplomHL.dll not in use!
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Debug - ProcessHandle = 208
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Debug - ThreadHandle = 144
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Debug - ProcessID = 3860
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Debug - ThreadID = 1484
[5/18/2008 12:08:50 AM] Debug - Process is NOT 64-bit

This game is currently not support (we are working on support ATM).

Also, I understand that it appears in the games list, this is a result of our continued development.

Thanks for the reply Matthew..

I will try and make GJimages of more of my games on Monday, and see what the success rate is..

Thanks for the continued development of this and the regular updates :)

Arup

Back