• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BSOD on install with version 5462 and Win7

skippyV

Using Win7 (x64), I get a BSOD during install. Tried Virtual CloneDrive versions 5460 and 5462. Both versions resulted in BSOD during VCD install.
Never had this problem with my other computers. Just built this computer for my son. It has a GigaByte GA-970A-DS3 motherboard and a sata 2TB drive configured for AHCI.
Suggestions?

Try an older version such as 5.4.5.0

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/virtual-clone-drive/

The above link has older versions of VCD

Scroll down a little and on the left side you will see nine older versions of VCD

Try installing the latest version shown there which is

"Virtual Clone Drive 5.4.5.0 Mar 6, 2011 1.51 MB"

I'm running VCD 5.4.6.2 beta & never had an install issue with any version of VCD on either Windows 7 or Windows 8)

Last edited:
I run VCD 5.4.6.2 beta on Win7 x64 also. Sounds more like a problem with your Windows install; I'd especially double-check your SATA configuration (i.e., driver is AHCI but BIOS is configured for PATA emulation or RAID, or vice versa -- don't forget to configure your SATA optical drives properly too). Sounds like another driver on your PC doesn't like it when VCD tries to install; if so it might not make any difference if VCD installs as a miniport driver (latest versions) or a SCSI driver (older versions).

Using Win7 (x64), I get a BSOD during install. Tried Virtual CloneDrive versions 5460 and 5462. Both versions resulted in BSOD during VCD install.
Never had this problem with my other computers. Just built this computer for my son. It has a GigaByte GA-970A-DS3 motherboard and a sata 2TB drive configured for AHCI.
Suggestions?

Post an AnyDVD logfile, if possible.

Working now after installing AnyDVD

Thanks for the replies. After reading them I decided to install AnyDVD (trial version) to see if its log file would produce any info (thanks, James). Then attempted the install of VCD 5462 again... and it just worked?! The install completed with no issues and tested it - and it works fine.
Don't know why installing AnyDVD fixed the VCD install problem. But as long as its working - I'm happy.
Thanks again!
Skippy

Back