• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Breakout HDMI protection

On the blurb it says "unencrypted hdmi" I take it that's games images

On the blurb it says "unencrypted hdmi" I take it that's games images
The key is the HDMI splitter before! How we back up our movies is all I'm intresting in. Once on the computer you can use kodi, mpc or whatever without DRM triggering to your TV boxes in other rooms.

Not sure if this would work. Intresting others have already been doing this....

Hdmi in encrypted mode does complex handshake with display device then sends encrypted data.

Its worth a try but it Cleary says it deals with unencrypted hdmi comms.

Forgive me for seeming clueless but didn't we already know this with the Fury products which have been attacked? It also seems that whenever I read discussion of newer capture cards/devices they are always hobbled with respect to resolution or framerate or a combo of both.

I don't know the device myself but any device that uses hdmi to retrieve images (even if it could be done) is not using the raw data (H264) stream, its using the devices interpretation (player) so is already degraded at best.

Can't speak to whether movies are encrypted HDMI or not, but wanted to comment on rotty dog's post that the information is already degraded. If you are reading the HDMI data, it is not degraded. It is the unencoded (encoding and encrypting being very different things) data stream. So whereas H264 may be 25 Mbit/sec, the raw stream to the TV (data for every pixel) is a massive ~3Gbit/sec (60 frames/sec * 1920*1080 pixels * 24 bits/pixel). That is what is going to the TV over HDMI, the exact decoded representation of the H264 (or whatever format of encoding is used). That can't be written to disk, you need hardware accelerated encoding in the capture device, which gets expensive for live, high-quality encoding.

Im sorry fella but your wrong.

Lets look at your stand alone Blu Ray Player, lets say the input is H264. The HDMI output is a digital Pixel Address/data stream, NOT THE H264 input.

In other words, the HDMI output tells the pixel at each address (i.e. data position in stream) its luminance, hue and saturation, each one by turn, in a digital stream.

You can alter the Contrast/Saturation/Gamma/Brightness and even sharpness etc in your players settings. That alone tells you that the HDMI output is NOT the original info.

It is an interpretation of the H264 stream, it all depends on what filters etc i.e. (LAV/madvr) etc the player uses as to the quality sent out to the HDMI port.

It is a "digital" stream but it is NOT the original video H264 information.

If you convert back to H264 it is NOT the original H264 video stream.

The audio is a different matter, this is the extracted digital stream and is untouched (Player setting dependant).

And therefore it is NOT as you are saying "the exact decoded representation of the H264 Stream"

Edit: removed analogy as was confusing.
Im NOT saying that the results are going to be bad, but you have decoded the original stream, run it through player s/w, and then taken the HDMI output and re encoded back to H264. It will have a level of video degradation compared to original H264 Stream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im worried about messing with this yo have my tv, cyberlink keys revolked with drm protection. Imagine one day your tvs hdmi says the dreaded error message. My tv is worth 2 grand. Ive read articles of users having their player or devices not work after a revolk of a key. I dont know how slysoft did this but im glad they figured this out. I use to mount isos to virtual rom with anydvdhd on and watch thru my licenced cyberlink player. It still works but reading these articles nerve me a bit.

This sucks. Sitting in my truck 9 hrs from home reading the forums to pass the time. This is the first time ive been reading about hdmi and drm stuff. This is a crazy protection that ifnyou mess with it can render your player and tv useless. These accs-la are like ss guards and we are prisoners

Lets look at your stand alone Blu Ray Player, lets say the input is H264, the HDMI output is a digital Pixel Address/data stream, NOT THE H264 input.
Well I imagine there is no address, just the pixel data stream, but otherwise that's what I was saying.
In other words, it tells the pixel at each address its luminance and hue, each one by turn, in a digital stream.
Not an expert. I know a lot of displays use dRGB (digital Red/Green/Blue), which is where 24 bits/pixel came from (8 bits/color). No idea if that is what HDMI passes, though. I expect 3Gbit/sec is the right ballpark for HDMI, since it boils down to describing how to show each pixel. I was curious, so I found this on photo.stackexchange.com. Not terribly relevant, but I thought it was interesting.
You can alter the Contrast/Saturation/Gamma/Brightness in your players settings. That alone tells you its NOT the original info.

It is an interpretation of the H264 stream, it all depends on what filters etc i.e. (LAV) etc the player uses as to the quality sent out to the HDMI port.

It is NOT the original H264 information.
I never meant to say that it was the original H264 information. But the way I see it, the "original" information is the pre-encoded content. That is, jpeg is a lossy compression, as is H264. They are both degraded versions of the original image or digital movie. When you decode jpeg or H264, that is as close to the original as you can possibly get. It isn't inherently degraded*.

Now if you post-filter (sharpen, change the contrast, etc), then yes, it is different from the original. But that (in my opinion) is more like saying that if I decode a color jpeg, convert it to black and white, and create another jpeg from the black and white image I have a degraded the image. Indeed I do, so don't post-process.

*Fair point on LAV filters/MadVR type stuff. There are more accurate ways to decode. But by your logic, isn't what is shown on your TV *always* degraded from the H264?
Its a bit like using a CD player, taking the audio and then re encoding it to digital. (that's the closest analogy, its not an exact analogy).
Not sure how you mean this. If you mean the analog audio (say from the speakers), then you are correct that the information is degraded, but that isn't a proper comparison since the degradation comes from digital-analog conversion and then analog-digital conversion (dac/adc). But you can rip a CD to flac or other lossless format and not have a degraded signal - which is basically what I'm saying - as HDMI passes digital data.

Again, I'm not trying to argue for or against the original idea. I was just trying to make a technical point that the HDMI data was not inherently degraded. I purchased AnyDVD and CloneBD because while the 3Gbit/sec data isn't degraded, the encoded (but decrypted) H264 data is certainly easier to deal with, and doesn't lose quality in the re-encoding process.

FYI, if you have a way to get component cabling (like from a standalone blu-ray or cable box), there is always the option of using an analog capture card (see, for example). But huge hassle, and component is analog so that will be lossy in terms of analog/digital conversion as well as encoding quality.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0089DSLMY?vs=1

Interesting removal of HDMI protection while keeping the digital audio and video

I could not get rid of HDMI protection using a splitter. I did find a box that DOES remove HDMI protection and I can record from HDMI out at up to 1080P via a HAUPPAUGE HD PVR 2 that has a HDMI input.

The older HAUPPAUGE HD PVR can record up to 1080i via it's component inputs. It can also record 5.1 audio via it's optical input.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L0X2GIU/ref=cm_cr_mpr_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

This one can allow a bluray hardware player to hook up and pass the ac3 digital and hdmi to your capture card to backup any blurays you buy. Problem is you have to play the movie while it is recording and need a capture card. I love that some of these splitters give us honest people a way to keep are original disks protected from our little ones.

Blog: If drm aacs-la cares so much why dont they give us a lifetime replacment warranty on our purchased blurays so if it scratches or cracks they give us the same movie for free sence we payed them. Now this would be a fair policy

Lets look at your stand alone Blu Ray Player, lets say the input is H264. The HDMI output is a digital Pixel Address/data stream, NOT THE H264 input.

In other words, the HDMI output tells the pixel at each address (i.e. data position in stream) its luminance, hue and saturation, each one by turn, in a digital stream.

You can alter the Contrast/Saturation/Gamma/Brightness and even sharpness etc in your players settings. That alone tells you that the HDMI output is NOT the original info.

It is an interpretation of the H264 stream, it all depends on what filters etc i.e. (LAV/madvr) etc the player uses as to the quality sent out to the HDMI port.

It is a "digital" stream but it is NOT the original video H264 information.

If you convert back to H264 it is NOT the original H264 video stream.

The audio is a different matter, this is the extracted digital stream and is untouched (Player setting dependant).

And therefore it is NOT as you are saying "the exact decoded representation of the H264 Stream"

Edit: removed analogy as was confusing.
Im NOT saying that the results are going to be bad, but you have decoded the original stream, run it through player s/w, and then taken the HDMI output and re encoded back to H264. It will have a level of video degradation compared to original H264 Stream.
Makes sense, I've always wondered why Oppo blu-ray players are expensive since the HDMI output is digital anyway, So the processing of the encoded stream is what makes the difference in video quality output to the TV or projector.

Its one solution to this problem. For me my home is setup for streaming my movies. I know this will be like a pvr but will do until the redfox spits out a new program.

Back