• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Breaking bad can’t backup

JohnnySH

Hello

I have just successfully archived my Clint Eastwood blu ray box set using the latest anydvd

there was some 70 plus discs

now when trying the same with my breaking bad box blu ray set anydvd seems to be having troubles

the blu rays are protected by sony

It does complete copying the blu ray, very slow and the data throughput stop and starts when copying the middle part of the disc

all the Clint Eastwood would play in vlc player but these do not

I’m trying to do an full image to hardrive iso

do I need to change any settings

thanks I’m advance for any help

Last edited:
Have you set the options correctly in AnyDVD?
upload_2021-10-12_13-2-7.png

Please also try to clean the discs with a microfiber cloth before you put them in the drive. Sometimes - especially UHDs - have an invisible film that creates read errors.
How do you play them? Do you use VirtualCloneDrive to load the ISOs? If not try that instead any other tool or Windows explorer. VCD is free and can be downloaded from the main page here.

For sure listen to coopervid. Dude knows what he is talking about.

But I can attest to having similar experiences with boxed sets. You would think they would be sending you working discs but sometimes they don't. I ran through 3 or 4 sets I bought recently and I had more than 1 bad disc in that bunch.

Omg you would not think box sets bad

I will try a cloth but this set is brand new never been played so can’t imagine there dirty

may be a bad disc ??

Will just check the settings too

Thanks for all your help

appreciated

Omg you would not think box sets bad

I will try a cloth but this set is brand new never been played so can’t imagine there dirty

may be a bad disc ??

Will just check the settings too

Thanks for all your help

appreciated

Sometimes the discs, especially new ones, can have a film on them. I think coopervid has said in the past a cloth or a short wash with mild soap can get rid of it. Also, the disc could just straight up be bad.

For me, when I have a problem disc ripping directly to ISO is the best shot I have at pulling the data but I think you said you were already doing that.

Hi Guys

Just cleaned disc and tried again, no joy

what is strange is, when I select the iso as a virtual image as below, the disc sizes are the same

iso virtual Image to the left and original blu ray in drive to right

Annotation 2021-10-12 151052.jpg

if i right click on blu ray

Annotation 2021-10-12 151248.jpg

I get open auto play which will launch VLC player and play the bluray

But with the ISO no open with auto play ??? and even if I force it in VLC no joy ??

Annotation 2021-10-12 151130.jpg

Also what is UDF,

I'm guessing an virtual image file?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just trying to do a FULL Backup in makeMKV as see if that works ?

Regards

Just trying to do a FULL Backup in makeMKV as see if that works ?

Regards
Why not post AnyDVD logfile(s) to save you from a lot of guesswork?

Great idea please find logs

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.0_Info_J_BREAKINGBADS1_24464436_A5175A30.ziplog
    1 MB · Views: 3
Great idea please find logs
Your drive has trouble reading the disc. It may be borderline defective, or the drive is dying (it is quite old, isn't it?)

Thanks for the reply

Yes drive is old and done a lot of work so think its time to het a new drive and try again

Regards

Back